Monday 28 February 2022

Final Day in February....



I can't believe it's the last day of the month.  Where are the weeks flying to?  The good news is that tomorrow will be the first day of meteorological Spring ( I never know if I have spelled meteor-whatsit correctly! 😏) so we have some brighter, if not exactly warmer, days to look forward to.

This month has been a very steep learning curve as far as stretching the budget and adding to savings goes.  We have managed to eat well whilst re-stocking the stores a little, as well as saving over £20 on the usual food budget. I have learned that I mustn't take my eye off the ball when it comes to food planning.  A weekly plan has made me focus of what we have in, what needs using up and  how not to waste a thing. The totals below are exactly that...totals ....so that is it for February.  We still want to save a little from the March food budget as ongoing savings are essential during this, our Frugal Year.  I don't want to bore you all with a blow by blow account of weekly food shopping but I will keep a total going and I will talk about any special bargains along the way.  

Anyway, that's all for today. Thanks so much for popping in. 

Sending special thoughts and prayers for the people of Ukraine 🙏

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x 

Sell & Save:

£215.31

February Shopping Challenge:

£196.02/ £220 ( £20 swept to savings account)

8 comments:

  1. That's another month under our belts ... and blow by blow weekly food shopping is never boring :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours never is, Sue, but I'm not as creative as you! If I'm not careful I find we eat the same menu every week because it's easier. I think I need to look at U tube a bit more often ;)
      Oooh, or BBC Good Food for some ideas! (light bulb moment...lol)

      Delete
  2. It's so easy to miss things in your fridge, we are always checking as we don't want to throw awsy food. We have had an expensive month, stocking up whilst using a discount card, so March for us should be a low spend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for spell checker is what I always say as I spell yet another long word with an A when it should be an E!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like the blow by blow details, I want to try and cut our food bill over the coming months. I am getting better at trying to use stuff up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Money saving isn't boring, it's essential in today's climate. Bills are out stripping income for lots of people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did well in February, coming under budget and adding what you didn't spend to your savings! I am another one of your readers who is hoping you will continue to give a blow by blow of your shopping, what you bought, how much it cost, and what you spent! I find it interesting to compare what people in other parts of the world pay for groceries. A British blogger who lives in the U.S. has recently commented that she finds food costs to be higher, here in the U.S. than they are in England.
    I came under my February grocery budget, with $11 and a few cents leftover! It will be carried over to the March budget and I have a feeling that, with prices going up, that extra bit will come in useful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These posts are really good as they remind me to be organised and not waste anything. Every small save per month is a win.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx