Tuesday 15 February 2022

Still Pretty & Pear Champion

 For the very first time I have managed to keep my Christmas poinsettia alive and it actually looks reasonably happy. I took in the advice to water from the base with tepid water once a week and it's thrived.... 


There is new growth too but now I don't know what to do with it. I can't throw out a living thing but I know it won't set red bracts for me again. Should I feed it? G is a gardener but hates house plants so knows nothing about after care. Does anyone out there know what I should do please? 

On checking my Nectar account this morning, I find that I had a bargain yesterday. Not only was I was given a special price of 77p on our usual teabags but also 60 extra Nectar points worth 30p so, in effect, the teabags cost 44p 😁 Yay! Possibly worth getting wet for! 


There was also a special price on tinned pears so, you never know, this year I could achieve #1 buyer status! 


Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x 

Sell & Save:

£189.56

February Shopping Challenge:

£134.40/ £220

10 comments:

  1. Well done on the poinsettia, mine gave up the ghost after barely a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best ever Poinsettia lasted for well over a year, until I left it home alone with Alan!! Seemingly they grow into trees eventually although I'm not sure which country is their original home. Why not just wait until the warmer weather and then transplant outdoors to a sheltered spot and see what happens. At least it has a chance of survival that way ... should it choose to do so ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue, I'll give that a try. I had no idea that they grow into a tree 🌲😊 I'll give it a chance to survive a while longer πŸ‘

      Delete
  3. Was your Poinsettia from Sainsburys, by any chance? I get mine from there every year and it lasts well into the summer - the best it did was August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Julia, it was on half price offer at £2 from B & Q so I'm really pleased with it. Well done on getting yours through to August!

      Delete
  4. Way to go on keeping your Poinsettia going.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate throwing away good house plants but sometimes there is nothing you can do. I think you can get them to turn red if you cover with a black bag. They closed our big Sainsburys a few years ago now we only have an express. So its not worth the petrol to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey dear! Loved your post and allready followed your blog, i want invite you to visit and follow my blog back <3

    www.pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the blog so well and I hope you have something new for me to study.
    តើទូαž€αž‘ាαž€់ Onlineαž‡ាធ្វី


    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie πŸ’“ xx