Tuesday 1 February 2022

February Fun & Games!



Well...not quite....but Boofle is on the right track 🥰 Love, compassion and concern for others should be a priority this year. So many people have suffered in many different ways over the last 2 years. I intend to try to help whoever I can in whatever way I can this year, even if it's just a listening ear. It's the first day of February so let us begin...

As I've already explained, we aim to keep  unnecessary spending to a minimum this year in order to recoup some of the savings we spent on the move. All of my state pension goes into the bills account and I allow myself £100 per month for personal spending. It sounds like a lot but can disappear in a flash if I'm not mindful. It has to cover petrol costs, haircuts, mobile phone top ups, birthday gifts and the odd cup of tea or coffee when out and about. I don't want to feel deprived or miserable, that's not what this is about 😱😁 February looks like this.... 


What is clear is that I need to find a cheaper hairdresser. I used to go to my daughter's friend's house where she runs her own business but it's too far to go now. She used to charge me £15 so it's a big difference. I have an appointment at the new salon tomorrow then I need to find somewhere else within 6/7 weeks if I can.  

The £10 per month for birthdays will be put aside until needed and G says he will share the cost for gifts. These days adults get a nice card with a scratchcard tucked in and children get cash. 

I can probably cut down on fuel and my mobile costs £5 per month so my top up will last until the end of March. 

This leaves me with £7 per week for personal spending for my food bank donation, CS books, coffees etc

I'm taking a drive to the village this morning to collect a library book so will make my food bank donation at the same time. As G has jobs to do at home I can have a leisurely browse around the charity shops too 😁

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x 

Sell & Save:

£0.00

February Shopping Challenge:

£0.00/ £220

5 comments:

  1. My hairdresser had a baby 2 years ago, but instead of going back to the salon, she now visit's our home, and is much cheaper, I was so pleased to be able to keep her as she cuts my very straight hair really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be perfect to find a good mobile hairdresser as I had the same girl for years at a previous house. She knew exactly how to cut my hair and, as you say, was much, much cheaper.

      Delete
  2. It sounds a lot doesn't it £100 'spends' then when you break it down it's just gone.

    As you don't get your hair cut every month you could add the total of cuts per year up and then divide the cost by 12 to get the true monthly figure which is actually under £20 a month over the whole year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a jolly good idea. I'll put aside half the cost next month so I'll be ready for the next cut. I should have thought about it sooner but now I'm budgeting from a standing start, as it were.

      Delete
  3. 100 pounds does sound like a lot until you break it down like that!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx