Tuesday 22 February 2022

Sam Squirrel's Puzzle & Holding On To My Coppers

 After another very stormy weekend the sun is, at last, shining and G is in the garden laying another slab.  He can only manage one at a time but we are slowly getting there.  The neighbourhood squirrel is currently giving us the runaround by stealing all the bird food so we have bought a baffle from the internet.  He is quite puzzled by it and keeps coming back for another attempted climb up the pole.  He has climbed the fence to see if he can jump the gap (not so far) and also comes to the french doors to look in at us.  I'm expecting him to blow a raspberry at us some day soon 😆


A few days ago the display on our energy monitor stopped working, there was no cost shown although the useage was still displayed....



It's working again this morning. Does that often happen I wonder ?

Thank you to everyone who commented on my new shacket, it was lovely to have so many lovely compliments! 

I didn't venture far at the weekend, just to the postbox on Saturday and a walk round the street in the rain on Sunday because I felt so sluggish so my remaining pocket money is still in my purse 👍 Unfortunately, there is still almost a week to go before the end of the month and I'm still not sure if I can make it.  G isn't working on Sunday next for a change and has promised to buy Sunday lunch somewhere so we are off this afternoon to find a nice local pub.  Who knows he might even buy me a coffee.  I certainly can't! 😂

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x 

Sell & Save:

£189.56

February Shopping Challenge:

£135.12/ £220

4 comments:

  1. I think I have gone over my budget this month for shopping as I bought the bulk buy of washing powder that cost me £23 but it was a good buy and not worth missing the offer. Hope you manage to come in on budget - only this week to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least your squirrel is more entertaining than the blasted pigeons who pinch the bird food here!

    February seems to have gone quickly - good luck with the last of the pennies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know how my poor mother felt trying to pinch pennies. She raised two girls on next to nothing, and we did fine. Now we are trying to keep our heads above water and not spend too much. Good job on the budget.
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my last shopping of the month this week and I so hope to be under budget.

    I am glad the sun is shining for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx