Thursday 24 February 2022

Final Food Shop for February

 We received our final food delivery for February yesterday afternoon. Most things were in stock with just 3 substitutions. I'm OK with that but I have to confess I was shocked that 2 pints of milk have increased by 10p to 95p.  I wouldn't mind if the extra 10p went to the dairy farmer but somehow I doubt that. The total cost of the shopping was £42.92 and we now have enough food and other supplies to see out the month, especially if we use the fridge bottom bits to make soup for lunches. 

An easy tea last night.... 


Linda McCartney Country pies (two for £1.13) mash made from two baking potatoes which were sprouting (20p) and a small winter cabbage from the allotment (free) ,vegetarian gravy

While the oven was on for the pies I made a crumble using the last half a bag of summer fruit from the freezer and a packet crumble mix ( 55p).... 



20 minutes in the oven and served with a dollop of ice cream 👍😁 We were totally stuffed 😱

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x 

Sell & Save:

£215.31

February Shopping Challenge:

£178.04/ £220

8 comments:

  1. I am shocked how much food and everything is going up in price an not by pennies, the prices are jumping up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shock every time we shop now isn't it Marlene.

      Delete
  2. I bet you were really full after that, but it looks so tasty I think I would have ploughed my way through as well :-)

    You've just reminded me I need to use up a block of vegan butter and some of my flour is quite old now, so I am going to whip up a batch of pastry and one of crumble mix both for the freezer.

    It looks like you are going to have some shopping money over from this months Shopping Challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sue, there will be a bit to sweep into savings but I had a change of tack this morning. See my next post :)
      A great idea to make up pastry and stuff for the freezer. It never goes to waste then.

      Delete
  3. "Linda McCartney Country pies"

    Named after the Beatle's late wife? 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sandi, she was a strict vegetarian and gave her name to lots of frozen products including pies and sausages. They are all pretty tasty too :)

      Delete
  4. Snap - we had crumble with ice cream too with the last of our own Bramley apples in the freezer. I have to shop for my mum tomorrow - just odds and ends, things she cannot get locally but it is hard telling her how much the shopping came to as she is pretty much housebound and isn't quite so aware of the rising prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard for older people to imagine how prices are rocketing overnight. My mum was the same and had me going to several different shops for items to save a penny here and there :(

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx