Monday 14 February 2022

Under a Cloud


 

Against my better judgement I was persuaded by G that we should do the food shop today because:

a) it would be quieter (it wasn't)

b) there would be loads of YS bargains (there wasn't)

c) it wasn't too cold out (oh yeah?)

We both lived to regret the decision because the store was very busy, very little YS items were worth buying and WE HAD A CLOUDBURST just as we were exiting the store .  Having no hood or umbrella, I was soaked in minutes.  As I explained to him this is why we have home deliveries in the main 😒

We did, however, get 2 bargains of a reduced vegetarian quiche for lunches, and a garlic flatbread to have with our quorn curry and rice this evening.  I have added a few items to the store cupboard and a couple to the freezer in the garage.  The total was £39.94 and I hope to only have to buy a TV guide in a few days time.

Speaking of TV did anyone watch last night's dramatic episode of Call The Midwife?  We were gripped! We also recorded and watched later (to cut out the ads) Trigger Point.  Vicky McClure is an amazing actress isn't she.  Just before we moved we binged on a re-run of all Line of Duty episodes.  I love that girl 👍

BTW my decision to top up with petrol at the weekend proved to be a wise decision as 4p per litre has been added to the cost from today 👀

Thanks so much for popping in.

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x 

Sell & Save:

£189.56

February Shopping Challenge:

£134.40/ £220

6 comments:

  1. Worried that thye are going to do away with The Midwife. Surely they cant kill off the Dr....and Jenny Agutter??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be unthinkable 😱 Nonatus House just wouldn't be the same, would it, without Sister Julienne. And they can't kill off Dr Turner.... Surely,... 😳

      Delete
    2. Well it's been commissioned for two more series so I think we are safe ... or rather they are :-)

      Delete
  2. Isn't it amazing how fast the cost of fuel, groceries and such. I need to watch Call the Midwife yet. I have my eyes covered....

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly a wet play day here today. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I hate it when I make the wrong weather decisions and get drenched, but I do love it when very occasionally the timing is just right :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx