Wednesday 2 February 2022

Free Handwash & Week 1 Food Shop

 My visit to the CS shops yesterday sadly revealed nothing of interest 😏 but I did manage to collect my library book and run a few errands too.

I realised that I had forgotten to put hand wash on the shopping list and, although we haven't run out yet, I didn't want to risk doing so with the amount we still use.  There were still 148 points on my Boots loyalty card so I popped in to get some with my points.  It cost £1 (100 points) so FREE to me but it also generated extra points itself leaving me with 68 points for future use.....


The home delivery of the weekly shop had just 3 substitutions this week which isn't too bad and the total cost was £ 50.93  so well within the £55.00 budget.  I've added it to the total below.

I had to have my hair cut this morning so a big chunk of £32 out of my month's pocket money has already gone.  I've topped up my phone with £10, and put £10 aside for birthdays.  We have a lot happening in March as it's DD's birthday among many others.  I haven't topped up with petrol yet as I want to leave it a bit longer and try to put less than the allocated £20 worth in, although the price of it at the moment is high. You can't get much for 20 quid!

The rest of the day will be spent washing and ironing, not my favourite task 😒 Anyway...

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x 

Sell & Save:

£0.00

February Shopping Challenge:

£50.93/ £220


9 comments:

  1. I find there's always something to account for - for us there are now 2 birthdays in February, plus youngest GD's christening, followed closely by another 2 birthdays in March. I'm trying to juggle cash to accommodate them all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very expensive time for you too then Mrs LH :/

      Delete
  2. The numbers on the diesel pump seem to whizz round so fast nowadays - it soon gets past £20!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free shopping is very good shopping :-)

    With another birth yesterday we now have four birthdays in February and three in March ... it's an expensive start to every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blimey, Sue, that's more than me. Congratulations to the new parents!

      Delete
  4. Our local Boots won't give you points on purchases if you pay with points. Your Boots is obviously kinder. Well done on your sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear...I thought all stores would be the same Jo. I don't get that at all :(

      Delete
  5. You did well using your points to get the hand wash!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx