Saturday 12 February 2022

Oops forgot! And More Free Reading


I forgot to add cornflakes for G on the shopping order on Wednesday and he ran out this morning 😕  I needed petrol anyway so popped to Morrisons to get fuel and buy some more cereal, oh,  and I picked up an extra pint of milk too.  Total cost £1.60 which I have added to the total.  On the way out I saw a free local newspaper and a free Prime magazine (which I'd not seen before) so I picked up one of each.  You can't beat FREE reading 😀 

I had been debating whether or not to make my 1/4 tank of petrol last the month.  I have £20 in the budget for it this month and, as I'm not sure if the conflict with Russia/ Ukraine will affect supplies, I kind of talked myself into topping up just in case.  Why is it I always stop the pump at £20.01 ??😡
Anyway, I feel more comfortable with 3/4 of a tank full now and hope to cut back next month if we know all will be well with supplies.  Do you think we will have shortages again?
 

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x 

Sell & Save:

£189.56

February Shopping Challenge:

£94.46/ £220

5 comments:

  1. Can't say with the shortages, but with everything going up in price, we topped up our tank this week, we were just over half a tank. We have nowhere to go, but being safe, should last us to the end of March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to keep my car full. When it gets close to 1/2 I fill it up. Here is the USA the price has been up and down a lot however we haven't seen any shortages. Hoping that all will be Russia and Ukraine. I hate to see war.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also try and keep the car tank topped up when it gets to half full - just never know what things will be like in a few weeks time!
    Everyone seems to be talking up a war - hope its all bluster

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm another who tops up the car gas tank when it gets to half a tank. In fact, it is time to do so, again. Maybe on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's better for your engine to have above a quarter of a tank anyway as then there is room for any rogue particles to settle to the bottom of the tank out of harms way. As well as reassuring to the mind in these slightly worrying times.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx