Friday 18 February 2022

Storm Eunice


Storm Dudley was a bit of a damp squib yesterday, just some wind and drizzle, although we had heavier rain overnight.  Today, Eunice is a different kettle of fish.  The winds are very strong and the rain is freezing.  I had to go out to post a package so we decided to visit the local plant nursery as well because G wanted some aconites for underneath the tree in the garden.  Whilst we were there he treated us to scones and a pot of tea 😀  An hour later, on the way home, we wondered why the traffic was so slow moving.  It soon became clear... a big tree branch had fallen across most of the road so that traffic was down to one lane (just!)  It's made a bit of a mess and will hold up the rush hour traffic.  I hope someone has reported it because I didn't know who to contact.  Would it be the council do you think?

I've been feeling the cold over the last week or so and, despite not wanting to spend money at the moment, found a shacket ( a cross between a shirt / jacket apparently 👀) reduced to half price on the internet.  I ordered it 2 days ago and it arrived this afternoon....


.....not only will it be great for Spring, but I can wear it indoors if I feel really cold.  I'm trying not to buy anything else until Summer when I might need some T shirts and shorts to replace the tatty ones I have worn over the last few years. The savings must come first.

The last few quid of my monthly allowance is dwindling; £1 spent on a food bank donation this week leaving me just over £2 to last another 10 days.  I don't know if I can do it.  A fail is looking likely 😕

Anyway, 72p spent on a TV guide from the food budget has been added to the total below.

I visited the Hospice CS yesterday to see if my latest batch of cards have sold.  Out of 54 donated so far there are just 9 left therefore £45 profit to the Hospice along with a request for 'more please!'  I hope to manage a bit of crafting this weekend once I get G to work and out of my hair.

 Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x 

Sell & Save:

£189.56

February Shopping Challenge:

£135.12/ £220

11 comments:

  1. The shacket looks lovely on you - I looked at one in Zara when we went to Bournemouth for the weekend recently but talked myself out of it. Seeing you in yours I wish I'd bought it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Devon Mum, it feels so comfortable and it has got a 👍 from my 17 Yr old Granddaughter which can only be a good thing 😁

      Delete
    2. Oh and meant to say that mine was half price from Quiz. They might have some left.

      Delete
  2. The shacket suits you very well - I haven't been clothes shopping for ages now - with the Covid restrictions we have been so few places I really haven't needed anything...but I do need shoes and they will be expensive as my feet don't tolerate cheap ones.
    We have a week to last with the food so need to avoid spending next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shacket looks wonderful, a great addition to the wardrobe. So glad the storm wasn't as bad as anticipated in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shacket really suits you, pretty in pink, well it looks a little more lilac but you know what I mean. :-)

    They are a really good idea aren't they and like you say good for indoor and outdoor use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shacket. Very chic.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shacket, it looks great. I'm sure you wont fail your challenge. I had to dig deep to get to the last few days of my pension month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That jacket looks fabulous on you! A wonderful investment. I wear my hand knit wool sweaters almost every day. It's so important to be warm as you get older. I love my llama shawl, too. Congratulations on the card sales.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shacket looks great! I've not heard that term before! I hope you can make your allowance last!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx