Monday 31 January 2022

Sell And Save

Firstly, thanks so much for the comments on yesterday's post.  They really were comforting x

My plan for February is to add to our savings by selling stuff I/we don't need even though we thought it essential when we moved to the bungalow a few short months ago.  When I went through the boxes in the 'understair' cupboard ( and, of course, we still don't have stairs!) I pondered why I thought some items were indispensable.  They are not.  They never get looked at let alone displayed so they can go! I can't face people coming to the bungalow to collect things so it will have to be fleabay sales.  I'm very out of practice but will give it a go.  I would like to raise £300 but any amount will be a result. I will update the total during the month if and when I have a sale of some sort.

I might try selling some of my craft work again too.  Before you-know-what I used to sell at a craft fair, a local shop and online but Covid put paid to all of that.  Now my cards are being donated to the Hospice shop but there might still be a market out there if I look hard enough.  If I can sell a few I will have the funds to carry on donating too.  When I dropped my latest batch at the CS I was told that they 'fly out' and people are sending friends in to buy some.  I must be doing something right 😃




We have the first home food delivery (since before Christmas) tomorrow afternoon so I'll begin the new challenge by adding the cost to the total below.

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x



Sell & Save:

£0.00

February Shopping Challenge:

£0.00/ £220





10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really good plan.

    I'm amazed that after all our rounds of decluttering and getting rid of stuff we still have things that just aren't used, and we moved house again with them!! We are hoping to have one or two big car-boot sales once the warmer weather gets here and they start up again. We will split what we make and this should add to my gift and card buying fund which currently stands at a big fat zero.

    I might put a few thing on FB Marketplace while I'm waiting as I have a few birthday cards that I need to buy for March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it strange how you think things are indispensable one minute then later on you think...nah...let it go? You seem to do well at your boot sales, Sue, so that's a great plan too. We have lots of expensive birthdays in March too.

      Delete
  2. We are going to be having a change in our living arrangements quite soon so major decluttering on several fronts. It doesn't seem that long ago that we had the last declutter and thought that was it... seems not :)
    Hope your plan for moving things on to new homes is successful.
    Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beverley, good luck with your own decluttering! Will you be sharing the changes in your blog posts? x

      Delete
  3. Your craft work is lovely. You could try Etsy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is certainly something I can investigate.

      Delete
  4. When we were selling a few things on ebay a few years ago, we had a run of 2 or 3 people in a row who were all problematic for one reason or another....one of them sent me some abusive emails when I refused to post a heavy thing that I had clearly listed as 'collection only'. Ebay banned him. That put me off a bit. I have successfully sold a few things on FB Marketplace though. Good luck with selling your things and making a bit of cash for February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sooze. Isn't it frustrating when that happens and people are horrible in their dealings. Good for you that you got him banned from eBay. Have a great week x

      Delete
  5. Those cards are beautiful! Good luck with the sales. I am sure you will have no problems selling those cards!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx