Friday 14 January 2022

Waste Not Want Not..... And a Promotion!

I'm trying to use every bit of a product before I throw it away or recycle and yesterday morning cut open the plastic tube of toothpaste to get at the bit I couldn't squeeze out.  I got two more tooth cleaning sessions for 'free' 😁




My favourite cleanser is almost gone too so I cut off the top to scrape the last bit out ....


Actually, there is enough for about 3 days of twice a day cleansing to be had 👍  When you think it could all have been binned.....👀


I have been informed by Nectar that I am now #4 buyer of tinned pears in my local store! Up from #7 that is definitely a promotion in my book 😂




Thanks for popping in and stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x


Funds:  Nectar points £32.50/ spent £27.50

            Asda Gift Voucher £50 (G's gift from work)spent £20.38

            Boots Loyalty points £14.77/ spent £13.29

            Tesco coupon     £1.50  (found a bit tatty and neglected in my purse) spent

            G's Nectar points £7.50  

            Cash spent 82p


12 comments:

  1. I usually take my rolling pin to the toothpaste tubes, but now after rolling them as flat as possible I am going to cut it open and see if I can squeeze out more.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I’ve just cut my liz Earle tube and look and behold probably about 6 washes in there now to look for cheapest place to purchase new one ..any thoughts please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeangenie, I usually try to get mine from Boots online as they sometimes have 20% discount or special offers of one sort or another, otherwise I suggest cleanser to my daughter for my birthday. I hope you can get a bargain because it's really lovely stuff!

      Delete
    2. Oh and forgot to say that Boots had a bargain box around Christmas time containing a 100ml cleanser, 200ml skin tonic, 150ml hand repair and a muslin cloth for £29.50. If you use your loyalty card you can accumulate enough points at some point to get a free cleanser :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you for your help will try boots I love this cleanser

      Delete
  3. Good for you for using every last drop of those items. I save up my soap slivers and make them into liquid soap on the stove.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing to see how much is still left in the tube when you cut it open, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely right, Bless, it would all be wasted otherwise.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I've been doing the cutting open of tubes for some time, I was disgusted when I cut open my first 'empty' hand-cream and found about a third of the product was still in there!

    I LOVE that you are climbing the charts with your tinned pear purchases :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol....well I have to be good at something!...lol ;)

      Delete
  6. Such a good idea to get the last bits out of your favourite products by cutting them open and not wasting them. The top of a tube is almost impossible to squeeze out properly otherwise.
    Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx