Wednesday 12 January 2022

'Big' Shop # 2

I quite enjoyed a thoughtful shop on my own this morning.  I needed some household cleaning products which made a bit of  a dent in the budget at a total of £4.80 but I really don't want to run out.....


There were not many yellow stickers bargains to be had but I managed to get some tasty looking British tomatoes, some ham for G (I think it was wrongly priced because the use by date is a week away and others on the shelf were dated for tomorrow) and a ready meal for my lunch as G is away at the allotment until tea time.....



I spent a grand total of £25.06 which was made up of £25.00 Nectar points and just 6p cash!



I could have spent less but the idea is not to feel deprived but to spend as little actual cash as possible.  G has his piece of steak for tomorrow and the meal plan is complete for this week.

What I did notice is that prices are still rocketing; eggs up 10p per half dozen, fruit and veg up by a similar amount, a tub of Bisto gravy granules is £1.80 and I regularly used to buy it for £1. Most of the basic range of items has disappeared from the shelves.  There was no basic dried fruit, tinned fruit, cornflakes or pasta. 

What are you having to pay more for at the moment?  Don't even mention the energy prices 😕 I dread what will happen when the Price Cap is removed in April.....

Next week it will be the turn of Asda for a visit 😄 Watch this space!


Thanks for popping in and stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x


Funds:  Nectar points £32.50/ spent £27.50

            Asda Gift Voucher £50 (G's gift from work)spent £20.38

            Boots Loyalty points £14.77/ spent £13.29

            Tesco coupon     £1.50  (found a bit tatty and neglected in my purse) spent

            G's Nectar points £7.50  

            Cash spent 82p


8 comments:

  1. I rely on weekly deliveries for my groceries as I'm not able to drive at present and our only shop in the village is too far away. The minimum spend has to be £40, otherwise it would cost £7 for the delivery fee and the other disadvantage is that you cannot take advantage of any yellow stickers. So it's impossible to economise by seeking out the reduced goods. Grrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like Sainsbugs, Rambler, and I can understand your frustration. We have had home deliveries for the last 18 months and are only visiting the store for the purposes of this month's challenge. YS goodies are unattainable with home deliveries :(

      Delete
  2. You did really well keeping your cash spending so low! Prices are going up here, in the U.S., too. I try to stock up when things go on sale. Due to COVID, I am not going into the store to shop; instead, I order online and pick up, curb-side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand you wanting to pick-up, Bless, I really don't like going into the store either so I pick the quiet times to visit.

      Delete
  3. Alan mentioned that something he bought the other day had gone up by 10p just since last Friday, he's starting to really notice prices now that he's doing his own shopping.

    Me ... I'm not having to pay more for anything at the moment, I haven't bought a single thing since last year. I wonder how long I can go on for. I nearly went out yesterday as I had an email from Booths telling me that as a card holder I could pick up a free oat milk on the 12th, but then I thought if I go there I will only be tempted to buy something else and I didn't really NEED the milk. So I remained STRONG!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done for sticking to your guns, Sue, I think I would have been tempted with a FREE anything!

      Delete
  4. Well done. I know exactly what you mean about prices rising every week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx