Wednesday 5 January 2022

'Big' Shop #1

When I did the inventory yesterday in readiness for our shopping trip, I found 3 out of date items.  I was cross with myself because we only moved to the bungalow 3 months ago so should have noticed when I first put them away.  There was a jar of pasta sauce, some chickpeas and a tin of chopped tomatoes all 6 months out of date.  I threw them in the bin to be on the safe side although I know some people would have tried them.  That cannot happen again!

If I had been left to my own devices I wouldn't have done a 'big' shop today, it would have been left until the weekend at least. But with G on board for this challenge he was uncomfortable with being out of routine so we shopped 🙄

We got some salmon for tonight which was on offer at £2.95, a pack of Youngs fish for £1.00 and 3 ready meals for G for £6.00. The fish and ready meals have been put in the freezer for next week (the ready meals are useful for when G comes home from work at the weekend as they are quick to microwave).  The frozen fruit will be useful for breakfasts and fruit crumbles or with yogurt or ice cream for a pudding.....


A TV guide and other bits and pieces.... 


It all came to £20.38, leaving a respectable £29.62 on the gift card... 


If there's one thing I learned today it's that I HATE shopping instore. I HATE queuing.  It was busy and I couldn't get out quickly enough 😱

Asda milk was 89p today so I took a quick trip to Sainsburys where I could buy it for 63p.  It seemed daft to spend £1.26 cash when I could buy some cakes as well and pay just 26p by using Nectar points 😁 Therefore £2.50 Nectar points and 26p cash was spent



Thanks for popping in.

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x


Funds:  Nectar points £32.50/ spent £2.50

            Asda Gift Voucher £50 (G's gift from work)spent £20.38

            Boots Loyalty points £14.77/ spent £7.36

            Tesco coupon     £1.50  (found a bit tatty and neglected in my purse) spent

            G's Nectar points £7.50  

            Cash spent 41p

8 comments:

  1. We are not needing a big shop until the end of the month, and then it will be a small shop, we can get milk locally and we make our own bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was up to me, Marlene, I wouldn't have shopped yet either but G panics if we run out of anything 🙄 if I can mainly manage on points and the gift card I will be happy 😊

      Delete
  2. were trying not to big shop this month, we have lots in the freezer, just need to meal plan a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Anjidot, meal planning makes all the difference for us too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, a lot of folk would faint at that being the 'big shop' for the week. 😃

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's true! We did quite well and I have enough variety of food for the coming week now. I'm hoping to talk G into shopping next Friday instead of Wednesday to stretch the meals out a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some wonderful deals, especially on the salmon.

    I hope to be able to stay out of the stores until at least the 16th of the month if not a day or so longer. It all depends on how long I can stretch our milk purchase from the 2nd out.

    God bless.




    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a great price for the salmon, although I live in the U.S. and don't really know what your prices are like in the U.K. But, salmon is "on offer" (or, on sale, as we call it) for $7.99/lb. this week, regular price is $9.99/lb.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx