Wednesday 19 January 2022

Little 'Big Shop' #3

 We had a change of plan.  Today we were meant to shop at Asda and use the gift card but G didn't fancy going there.  He wanted Sainsburys 👀 Ok...Sainsbury's it was ...... but that meant I had £5 to spend and G had £7.50 (rolls eyes) I got these for a total of £5.40. The Linda McCartney pies cost me £1.13 instead of £2.20 and will make us a nice meal with mash using 2 of the potatoes, peas and gravy, the pasta bake will be another meal served with garlic bread from the freezer, and that leaves 2 potatoes for jackets with cheese.....


I even got a red velvet cake which was reduced to £1.  It's best before date is today but it will last another couple of days.....


I had to pay 40p cash.....


G spent his £7.50 differently, spot the treats!  But he did buy 2 chicken portions which will make us 2 meals this week.  He spent £9.00 so £1.50 cash to be added to the total....



To sum up:  £2.72 cash spent so far , leaving a reasonable £29.62 for next week's shop in Asda.

Changing the subject, I think it's been quite cold today, despite the early morning burst of sunshine. It's 5.45pm and I'm sitting at the computer in layers of clothing and with a fleecy blanket over my knees.  Is it me?  Am I getting old? G has just dropped into the conversation that it's forecast to be even colder tomorrow 😏  Roll on Spring, I say......

Thanks for popping in and stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x


Funds Nectar points £32.50 spent 

            Asda Gift Voucher £50 (G's gift from work)spent £20.38

            Boots Loyalty points £14.77/ spent £13.29

            Tesco coupon     £1.50  (found a bit tatty and neglected in my purse) spent

            G's Nectar points £7.50  spent

            Cash spent £2.72

3 comments:

  1. I am always amazed at how much you can purchase for your money. Good for you on what was a successful shopping trip.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, you've still got a little bit of spending power without much cash to see you through the rest of the month. Me and Alan have a Nectar card each but they have the same number so I get to use all the points :-)

    If your cake starts to get a bit stale (or even lasts that long) Alan loves it with custard to make it tasty again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are doing very well with your shopping and keeping the cash spending to a minimum! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx