Tuesday 25 January 2022

To see the week out- meal plan

That's the food plan sorted and we not only have enough meals for the whole week but have a couple of alternative options if we feel the need..... 


Sue from A Smaller and Simpler Life has beaten me to the meal plan but I promise I had started this post last night.  I'm not copying, honestly! 😂  As before we might swap things around as the mood takes us but this is basically IT.
Breakfast will be cereal, porridge or toast
Lunches: sandwiches, jacket potatoes, or something on toast.

All we have left to spend in Loyalty points is £1.48 in Boots points and....



.....34p in Nectar points. Next month I will work on building them up again by taking advantage of special offers to ease spending later in the year. It's a fairly effortless way to get free food after all 👍

Thanks for popping in and stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x


Funds Nectar points £32.50 spent 

            Asda Gift Voucher £50 (G's gift from work)spent 

            Boots Loyalty points £14.77/ spent £13.29

            Tesco coupon     £1.50  (found a bit tatty and neglected in my purse) spent

            G's Nectar points £7.50  spent

            Cash spent £3.38




4 comments:

  1. A good menu plan that you can switch around is a thing of beauty. I need to ask what is a cider hotpot?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie, a cider hotpot is a vegetable stew of sorts but I add 1/4 pint of dry cider to the stock, then top the vegetables with sliced potatoes (I simmer them for around 7 minutes first to make sure they cook properly) then top the potato with grated cheese and pop the dish in the oven for around 40 minutes to crisp the topping. If I remember I'll post photos on here to show you :)

      Delete
  2. I'm just about getting back into menu planning, it does save headaches later in the week even if you do change things around a bit doesn't it.

    Using the bottom shelf in the fridge for opened things is working out well too, I can see at a glance what should be included or what leftovers are available for snacks. For instance I had pasta bake for breakfast this morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Sue, it does save a bit of a panic when we suddenly decide we need to eat and I find I've used up something I need for the particular meal we fancy. I'll never be as organised as you though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx