Sunday 22 March 2020

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's day!




I just wanted to wish every Mother in the world a happy day today.  I know that different countries have the celebration at different times of the year but in the UK it is TODAY!

Then I would like to thank all the lovely people who took the time to comment on my last post , giving their own lists of Gratitudes and steps they are taking to sit this crisis out.  A warm welcome to Angela, my new follower, as well as a couple more (although I can't work out who you are) Welcome anyway :)

Here the sun is shining brightly and we have the windows open.  G is in the garden pottering about and I have done the ironing with the sun shining through the open French doors onto my back.  I have a supermarket delivery arriving later today.  I have already received an email apologising for the fact that lots of products are out of stock.  There are quite a few substitutions too and NO washing powder.  It doesn't matter, I will take what I can get/am allowed.  No fuss....

For lunch I ate a grilled veggie burger from the freezer on a fresh bun with loads of salad and G had 2 sausage baps.  This leaves 3 buns for tomorrow which we can have with cuppa soup for lunch.  I make a weekly meal plan anyway but it's very strange having to s-t-r-e-t-c-h food to make 2 meals instead of 1.  One person commented that they share a teabag.  Actually it could come to that here as that is one product I will not be receiving in my order!  That's a great tip ;)

Gratitudes

1) For the love of close family and friends

2) For the ability to still be able to laugh at life

3) For the sun on my back today

What have you all been doing today?


God bless you all and keep you safe wherever in the world you happen to be x

10 comments:

  1. Outside in a sunny garden.
    Loads of mothers day wishes.
    Comments on an old family photo I posted on Facebook today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had a strange Sunday, doing church online. We are both recovering from a virus (can't prove it was covid 19) with all the symptoms. Feeling achey and tired. But grateful for a warm home, food, teabags... and good blogs to read. God bless you and keep you safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hewllo Angie, I am a first-time visitor who came here after Laurie (where the spruce trees grow) provided a link on her blog. I am grateful for all of the same things you mentioned here as we self-isolate too in Nashua, NH. we are managing to get out to grocery shop since we are able. Thankfully, a grocery store is within walking distance of our apt so we also get exercise rather than drive there. We cook at home, although local restaurants are offering take-out, which we may try at least once in the coming week. There have been some shortages in the local markets, but we can be resourceful and patient as well. Please feel free to stop at our blog site for a visit anytime. Always nice to meet new blog friends as we certainly are all in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to ask if you wouldn't mind if I include your blog site on my blog sidebar. It makes it easier for me to find blogs to re-visit and you might also have new visitors too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind in the least Beatrice. And I'll pop over to your blog later today. Thank you for commenting here. Stay well x

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Angie for the visit today and I have included your blog on my side bar so I will return here as well. Hope you and G are doing well as we are here too.

      Delete
  5. Happy Mother's Day to you.

    Yes, even in these trying times we have lots to be grateful for.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post and I have just followed you also. My thumbnail is the one of the cup of tea and hard to see is my biscuit in the saucer, shaped as the Union Jack :) I married an American who sailed into my home port 43 years ago (Navy) and have lived in the States these past 44 years. So nice to meet you Angie, and wishing you all safe. I surfed in thanks to Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been reusing my loose fruit tea, too. It works very well. The second pot tastes just fine. I keep the trimmings in a recycled jar in the fridge. I stretched the meat sauce for spaghetti by adding another tin of tomatoes, extra fresh garlic, and fresh herbs.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx