Saturday 21 March 2020

Unprecedented Times...I Will Say This Only Once!

In these unprecedented times I think it important to retain as much normality as possible in our own lives.  Things are far from normal but I refuse to join the scrum in a fight for food.  We will eat what we have or can obtain via supermarket delivery services, try to get a bit of exercise whenever possible, keep in touch with family and friends by phone or video link, and above all try to stay calm. I can craft, catch up on my reading of books, watch a bit of TV, keep the house clean (notice how housework came last on my list? ...lol) and G can do the garden and pop to the allotment unless he is forced to stop. I feel my blog would be pointless without referring in part, at least, to the virus, simply because it has changed so many lives for the worse, but I always want to end on a high note.  For that reason I will post 3 Gratitudes each time I write and try to find some good in every day. There is good out there!



My Small Treasure for yesterday was the lucky find of some forced rhubarb at the allotment :) It was microwaved for a couple of minutes with the addition of sugar to taste and instead of using up my supply of flour & butter I used a packet of crumble mix from the store cupboard to make a delicious pudding which we ate with packet custard.....


Gratitudes:

1)  For the wonderful people who are selflessly carrying on in their jobs helping others in this time of crisis:  NHS workers, Police, Carers, Teachers, supermarket staff & delivery drivers of all kinds, the list is endless. God bless and keep you all safe.

2) For food in the house

3) For the luxury of a hot bath at the end of the day ;)

What would your gratitudes be?

Stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x




16 comments:

  1. Family, we are all in contact and keeping laughter in our lives.
    Sunshine, we can be outside in the garden
    Home, it's a safe place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for my sweet dog, bicycle rides, numerous fruit trees that I planted, and delicious, home cooked meals. I am also thankful for my neighbor's and friends, yarn stah, and the comfort of knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely things to have, Stephenie, and Lula must be a joy to have around x

      Delete
  3. My morning coffee is what I am thankful for! Stopping by from Laurie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! Thanks for stopping by. Tea is my chosen drink and I can't function until I've drunk my first mug of the day ;)
      Stay safe x

      Delete
  4. Look for the good things, Laurie, there are lots about. Don't worry, we WILL get through this :) (((hug))) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grateful for
    1- the jigsaw my friend left for me in the porch
    2- long phonecalls with daughters who are far away
    3- temperature down, cough almost gone
    4- discovering this lovely blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am grateful to have a roof over my head. Food in my cupboards and I am grateful that I have wonderful friends. We will see this through together. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also going to be using some crumble mix so I can save the last small bag of flour, just in case.
    My three gratitudes are knowing I have a well stocked fridge and food cupboard, a lovely walk in the woods seeing the signs of spring, and my washing blowing on the line.
    Stay well. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brighter sunnier days, WhatsApp which makes us smile as we repost memes we've come across. My fur baby as he hadn't a clue what's happening. Finding lots of goodies in the freezer and cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm grateful. Just grateful! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am grateful for so many things. Gratitude is a gift which keeps giving. This (very) early morning I am grateful for the access the internet gives me to the world, for the cat purring beside me, and for the comfort and security of home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too think it's really important to see the positives when looking at prolonged stretches of time at home. For many of us, home is a place of safety and comfort. I know that is not true for everyone but, if it is, then there's some wonderfuls in being home during this time of worry.

    Today, I am grateful for Autumn with its gentler days, for the little veg seedlings I planted yesterday and for the phone calls I cam make to keep in touch with family and friends.

    MegXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are on water rationing - so I enjoy that bath once a week. Still good and so much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are sharing a tea bag except that first early morning one. Where we live is very quiet usually and so we don't usually see a lot of people. We have a very large garden so we'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx