Friday 27 March 2020

A Happy Day!

When I woke up this morning, after a more restful sleep than the last few nights, it was to a chilly grey morning.  After sitting quietly in my reading corner drinking my morning tea, the sun peeped out from behind the clouds and decided to stay.  I quickly stripped my bed and washed the covers which are now drying in the lovely sunshine....


G has so far managed to lay 4 new slabs so the patio is getting bigger on a daily basis.  There are just 4 more to lay then he can start on other garden projects.....


The bread maker is on too.....

For lunch I defrosted a couple of Quorn fillets which were cut into chunks and simmered gently in half a jar of ready made curry sauce,  served with a packet of microwave rice.  Do you know, I could get used to this instant food lark!  The rest of the sauce is in the fridge so I must remember to use it up within 7 days  (mental note)



Tea will be homemade bread sandwiches with tinned salmon, pickled beetroot and cherry tomatoes.  I usually add lettuce as well but I don't have any.

Like a lot of the population I have been struggling to book a food delivery slot online.  About an hour before bed I checked again, not really expecting to be successful but found a few 'click and collect' slots had been released.  I quickly completed my food shop and we can pick it up between 9 and 10 am tomorrow.  It will be a round trip of almost 20 miles but will be worth it.  I have a feeling that is why I slept a little sounder.  If they have most things in stock I'll not need to shop again for around 2 weeks.  This will give others a fair chance to get a slot too.

Gratitudes

For being able to buy food supplies

For the whole country coming together to clap the health workers at 8pm last night

For another beautiful day

Stay safe everyone, wherever in the world you happen to be x

17 comments:

  1. If you don’t manage to use rest of your jar of sauce you could freeze it for another time. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your 3 things to be happy with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have to count our blessings. Stay well x

      Delete
  3. I was moved to tears hearing the cheers and clapping last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After years of making food from scratch we have gone over to a lot of ready meals. Now that there is only the two of us it hardly seems worth making stuff and not only that we get tired easily. When I have energy I'd rather spend it making things.
    I might try looking for a slot for shopping late tonight, had no luck so far and daughter has been dropping stuff off in the garden but its not the same.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sainsburys ones seem to be released around 8pm, Briony, so I just keep looking each day until I find one. DD has a bit better luck with Asda but it could be hit and miss depending on where you live x

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely post. I had heard about the whole country coming out and clapping for the health workers. Absolutely tremendous and made me tear up too. In the dark times of history, people have always come together. I remember my Mum telling me of such stories of unity in WWII. And I think of all those unsung heroes who appear in great times of need ever since. Does the heart good. Your meal looks delicious and I can almost smell that bread baking! We are getting more inventive with our meals. We also booked a time slot with one of the local supermarkets and are expecting a delivery next Tuesday. I enjoyed your photos. I remember the whirligig washing lines from when I lived there, and there really is nothing like the smell of sheets dried in the sunshine is there? Your patio looks lovely too. Take good care of yourself Angie and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Denise, and I'm so pleased that you have managed to get a food delivery slot. It gets nerve wracking when the cupboards are slowly emptying. Thinking of all the brave souls helping out, someone said in any crisis "look for the helpers...there will always be helpers" God bless them all. Stay well my lovely x

      Delete
  6. Knowing that you have enough food makes all the difference. I went grocery shopping today and feel very relieved to have enough food, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are ok Stephenie. Food in the cupboard is a comfort in these strange times. Stay well x

      Delete
  7. Our little local store is doing deliveries, more expensive but less worry. Glad you are doing OK, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MM, I'm glad you can get a delivery too. It's much safer for you both indoors. Stay well x

      Delete
  8. Quorn is mushroom based, Laurie, and doesn't taste of much on it's own but it does absorb other flavours like curries and sauces quite well. The texture is much like chicken and it minces well to make cottage pie and lasagne etc. Enjoy your day too. Stay well x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to Sainsbury’s yesterday for a decent sized shop. I didn’t stockpile, so was running low on a fair bit. I won’t be doing it again. I’ve put an advanced order in with a farm shop delivery service for my food in a couple of weeks. It was extremely emotional, all of us standing in our road applauding the NHS. We can never thank them enough. Keep safe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's best to stay well clear of supermarkets right now, I think. The farm shop delivery sounds much nicer Ann. And, yes, our NHS is wonderful. Stay well x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx