Tuesday 24 March 2020

Food Lists and Planning

So.... we are officially now on lock down.  It's the sensible thing to do.  We are under no illusions but that it's going to be tough but soooo worth it to kill this invisible enemy.

This morning, whilst drinking my early morning cup of tea, I wrote a list of meals which I have the ingredients for already. I found it hard to sleep last night and the idea of writing a list relaxed me enough to get a few hours sleep. I had earlier received an email from the supermarket to say that we are not classed as vulnerable and I am unable to book a slot for my next shop :/  Our meals will therefore be pretty much the same for the next couple of weeks but we don't mind cooking once, eating twice anyway.


I came up with 31 portions, mainly fish, cheese and Quorn products but they will keep us going for 15 days easily.
Breakfast will be cereal with tinned fruit and yogurt (if we have it) or an egg, or porridge.
Lunches will be sandwiches of egg, cheese or tinned salmon (with salad if we can get any, or at least a tomato)

Happier News

It's DD's birthday today and for the first time in 45 yrs we haven't been able to see her on her special day.  We made a WhatsApp video call this morning.  Our lovely GD (aged 15) has turned teacher and written out learning timetables for herself and her younger brother, factoring in PE, lunch and phone/PS time after 3pm!  Her brother's plan has been highlighted in green so that his Dyslexia is catered for.  No excuses now!

Gratitudes

1) For the refuse collectors who were out this morning emptying the bins and recycling bags.

2) For DIY tasks being completed by G.  At last I have a washing line/ whirly thing outside!

3) For technology which allows us all to function from home



Come on folks WE CAN DO IT!

Lastly a warm welcome to Denise....hello!

That's all for now. Stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x

10 comments:

  1. Such a positive post. Thank you. I'm dropping negative blogs off my roll. Being separated from our children is hard - but thank the Lord for technology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 3 are
    Internet, keeping in contact with our family spread around the world
    Common sense, spoke to my nasty neighbours, I'm now getting supplies for them, where we can
    The sunshine in our garden, everything is better when the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so reassuring being able to keep in touch with our family and friends at the moment.
    A Happy Birthday to your DD. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 81yr old mum is iPad savvy, has Facebook and she also emails her friends abroad, but hopefully she’s going to be taught about Skype by my brother tonight. It’ll be nice to see her when we’re chatting:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was certainly difficult to sleep last night after the lockdown message and worrying news from my family on my first whats app video call.
    Early night for me tonight I think. Sleep well for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find sleep hard as I feel my brain is on fire. Constantly taking in information and learning about medical sciences. Least it stops me worrying about family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the nice welcome, lovely to be back and yes we can do it. I enjoyed your post, enjoyed that list. I am grateful to so many people right now, all those you mentioned, my family and the nice person who anonymously dropped a small gift bag on our doorstep with two very useful items in it. I won't spoil the surprise, I have a post about it tomorrow. Wishing you good health and happy thoughts always :) I have been hearing a lot of "This too will pass" and it will. Just going to take a lot of time.

    p.s. I have a few followers but I don't know who they are? Is there a way to find out? My brain must be slowing down as I can't see anything when I press on a follower's name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recognize many as their faces I know, but not so much others and I would love to thank them as they appear.

      Delete
    2. If I hover over the photo the name appears, Denise, but I'm not sure if it works for everyone. Worth a try anyway....just hover...don't click.
      How lovely and kind to have a gift left on the doorstep! I wonder what it is? I'll look for your post tomorrow.

      Delete
  8. It's all about attitude these days and for some that is very hard, especially those out of a job and with children at home. I do get that, but it's also nice to find posts, like yours, which express gratitude. I am thankful to be able to connect with people more so now than at times before and in a way that is a good thing. We also make lists when shopping but somehow u
    "unplanned" items get into the cart.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx