Sunday 15 March 2020

Getting Prepared....!

Firstly, a warm welcome to Carla, my new follower...hello!

With all this talk of over 70's isolating themselves for up to 4 months I thought I had better register with Sainsbugs home delivery in order to find out if they deliver in our area.  Yes, they do...yay!  But...there are no slots available for the 3 weeks you can actually book ahead for.  My goodness, what is the country coming to?  Some friends of ours (same age as us) will be struggling because they rely on shopping being delivered anyway.  My friend J doesn't drive and her hubby is registered blind. If I will be unable to go out either I won't be able to help them.  There will be lots of people in trouble. It's such a worry now.

I have a little bread flour left so I made a loaf for our teatime sandwiches.  It has just finished cooking and the smell is tantalising.  I can't wait to cut into it :)



Changing the subject now, if you want cheering up check out the video which Ilona of Mean Queen has posted.  I wish I knew how to post a link but I don't.  She is, however, listed on my side bar. She is 'Life After Money'.  The music is amazing and so uplifting.  Do check it out....

That's all for now.  Stay safe everyone, wherever in the world you happen to be x


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for that. Two options for posting the full video on a blog. Click on 'share' , a menu comes up. You can click on the Blogger icon and a new post page comes up which will have the link on it. Add a few words, and post as normal. Or. Click on 'Share', on the left of the menu you will find 'embed', click on that. A long code will come up, highlight it so it shows blue click 'copy', and paste into your new post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Ilona, I will give that a try at some point. The music was wonderful.

      Delete
  2. It's turning into a very worrying time isn't it. My mum & dad are both in their mid-70's and have gone into isolation as they're both not well. I'm going to do their shopping for them and any other errands I can help with but like you say, if we all eventually have to isolate ourselves God knows what will happen. Today I managed to get them some Paracetamol (limited to 2 packs per person) - but I noticed as well as the usual out of stock items (t/roll, handwash, pasta) there was no minced beef anywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very worrying, Mrs LH, so many people will need help but from whom? And, yes, I noticed that mince has disappeared too. I use Quorn mince and pieces and there's none to be had anywhere. Stay safe x

      Delete
  3. Your bread looks incredible. I hope things are restocked for you soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephenie, success at last! Take care my lovely and keep blogging x

      Delete
  4. The bread looks wonderful. I am afraid we have entered a new normal for awhile.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. Yes, things have changed for some time to come. A new normal is the perfect way to express it. Take care and God bless you and your family x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx