Friday 18 March 2022

Trolley Dashing...

 Just a quick post today.  Over the last few days I have felt so discombobulated that I haven't felt like writing a cheerful post.  Apart from Wednesday, the weather has been lovely and sunny and the air even smells fresher and more spring like but I have felt useless in not being able to physically or financially  help those in dire need and it has dragged me down.   It has made things worse by worrying about our son in Sydney too, what with all the flooding as well as other issues.  Good grief, we are always a mum for life aren't we!

Last night we couldn't face watching the news so watched something engrossing on Netflix instead.  Is anyone else finding it a struggle?

We did a supermarket shop on Wednesday because we both had Nectar prices which we wanted to take advantage of and it was raining so we couldn't work in the garden.  We each used a Smart Shop scanner and the totals were £34.16 (me) and £20.35 (G) The total of £54.51 has been added to the total below.  My best buy was frozen ready rolled shortcrust pastry reduced to 33p each.  I bought 3 as the use by date is December '22 and we bought extra tinned stuff, frozen fish and a small bottle of Prosecco as a treat for me 😊



We are still well within budget for the month so I dropped some of the savings into the bucket for  Humanitarian Aid in Ukraine.

Thanks so much for popping in and stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x

Praying for peace in Ukraine 🙏

March Food Shop Challenge:

£154.82/ £275.00

14 comments:

  1. I can't bear to watch the news some days, so I don't. The universe certainly seems to be dishing out a load of struggle and sadness at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still horrific out there. I have to make an effort to think positive or would despair

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son and his family live just outside Sydney and we have been very worried about the state of things there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son, his wife and small daughter recently moved from an apartment in Sydney to a house in Epping and it rained solidly for over 2 weeks. They had terrific frightening thunderstorms and impassable roads due to flooding. I was afraid for them because flash flooding was forecast. Isn't it a worry Elizabeth.

      Delete
  4. Hope your son and his family are safe from the flooding. You got some great deals at the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true we are always Mums first aren't we. I hope your son and his family are okay.

    I can only bring myself to watch the news about Ukraine once a day at the moment I was so low in a fug the other day it was scary. Still with the sunshine, a shopping trip and some little Pansies to plant out in the garden I'm feeling better today ... oh and a cheeky bottle of wine for the weekend.

    Enjoy your Prosecco and the rest of the weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly are, Sue, and I hope your sons are feeling better now. I meant to comment on your post on a similar subject but got side tracked. I do feel a little better today after being in the sun for a while and my glass of prosecco took the edge off my funk 🙂 sunshine always seems to lift the spirits too doesn't it.

      Hope you have a great weekend too xx

      Delete
  6. Our Sainsburys have decided the milk is £1.00 now. Up 15p in a year.
    Enjoy your lovely Prosecco!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey, I bet ours will follow suit soon. Thank you! 😁

      Delete
  7. I know how you feel about the news but I feel so much for the people I think I owe them to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Chris, but I can't bear it more than once per day. Its too distressing x

      Delete
    2. That was kind of you. My heart breaks for all of those people. It's such a shame. You are so disciplined with your shopping.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Stephenie, but we seem to have so much when the people over there have so little. It's the least we can do to share the savings and keep praying for peace.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx