Friday 4 March 2022

Topping Up The Shopping & 'BIG' CS Purchase!!

This morning dawned as yet another wet and windy day and we debated where we could go just to get out of the house for an hour or two.  Inspired by Sue Hall's freezer reveal in A Smaller and Simpler Life, Aldi seemed to be a good choice especially as we fancied baked salmon for tea and it's cheaper there.  I wanted to limit the spend so we just did a top up shop of potatoes, fruit, cheese, 2 ready meals for Sunday (so that I can have a day off cooking) some cooked chicken for G's work sandwiches and a couple of things for the freezer which I forgot to photograph before I put them in the garage 👀
They were: a pack of 4 vegetarian spicy beanburgers and a lemon meringue pie. 


DD has invited us to lunch tomorrow so I bought a pack of cupcakes @ £3.79 to take as a contribution to the food......

The bill came to £19.92 which I have added to the total below.....


Whilst in the village and whilst G was browsing the street market stalls, I popped into the CS.  On warmer days when working at the allotment we sometimes buy a portion of fish and chips to share.  I keep plastic forks (used many times over) in the car to use when we have grubby hands but they are becoming brittle and breaking one by one.  I won't be buying more so when I found this Oneida fork in the CS at just 20p I snapped it up along with a reduced antibac hand sanitizer @ 75p. I can put the fork through the dishwasher tonight and pop it in the glovebox ready for next time.  I had £8.82 pocket money remaining which is now down to £7.87......



I notice that I have a couple more followers.  Thank you for joining me on my challenge year 😀

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x 


March Food Shop Challenge:

£25.89/ £275.00

5 comments:

  1. You are doing so well on your shopping challenge.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you did really well on your shopping trip, today! Salmon is "on sale" for $10.99/lb. (converts to £8.30) in our grocery store, this week (reduced from $11.99/lb. or £9.06); I had been buying it when it goes on sale for $7.99/lb. (£6.04), but, I wonder if it will ever go back to that price, again!
    Good idea to buy a regular fork to use in the allotment. Very pretty design, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A 20p fork is a very good investment from your spends ... and those cupcakes look delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up! bts merchandise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting stuff guys. Now almost in all the countries of world prefer to buy products online to save time as well as the money. I also prefer digital portals for saving time instead of visiting the market. Rules for conducting and the main stages of benchmarking. To implement benchmarking projects, it is advisable to create a special working group, including independent experts or employees from different guts(.)pk/ departments of the company. This increases the chances of getting an objective assessment. Thanks for it

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx