Tuesday 15 March 2022

A Beautiful Day

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone who commented on the unfairness of the pension system.  I want to re-read the comments then I will post again with a more lengthy response.  I really do appreciate your input.  Thank you.



Monday was such a gorgeous sunny day.  I noticed that the Aconites had opened up to the sun.  We will eventually plant them in the ground where we hope they will spread as they are such a sunny burst of colour in the Spring.....


For the first time this year I wanted to peg out my washing instead of using the tumble dryer or hanging things on the airer in front of the french doors, so I asked G to screw the base into the ground this morning.  Oooh....it's leaning at quite an angle.... but I was determined to use it  😂  I wonder how many weeks it will take him to sort it out? 


He then went off to the allotment to put the onions in but rang me half an hour later to say that he had forgotten to take them and could I possibly bring them to him (around a 10 minute drive each way) 😏  I  finished the chores then made sandwiches and a flask of coffee to take with me.  Yes, I know I'm spoiling him 😂  I bought us a bag of chips to share too but the price has risen to £2.50 so it will be a rare occurrence.....

Thanks so much for popping in.  Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x


Praying for peace in Ukraine 🙏

March Food Shop Challenge:

£99.51/ £275.00

11 comments:

  1. I have to hang my washing out all year round to dry it (other than in the rain of course) as I don't posses a dryer - so it is a bonus for me if it is a sunny and breezy day. I always have a little moment of pleasure when I see my washing on the line. I smiled at the forgotten onions - I have known similar occurrences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops missed out an 's' on my comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No longer can anyone say "as cheap as chips!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an old line, strung from one side of the yard to the other, with a pole to take it up so we can walk underneath it when its loaded with washing. I love the fact that on a warm sunny day the washing is drying for free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love drying my laundry in the wind :-) I was admiring the flowers in our gardener's greenhouse today... but soon spring will bring out all the blooms :-) I'm looking forward to it, albeit with a lot of sadness and concern the Ukraine is in us. We try to help as much as possible, but first of all the war must end.
    Hug Viola

    ReplyDelete
  6. The spring flowers in your garden are so lovely! I'm glad you were able to hang your washing to dry outside! That was very nice of you to take the forgotten onions, along with sandwiches, chips, and coffee to share with your husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your flowers, are the pink ones hellebores? I dried laundry on a line years ago, the results are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Terra, they are Hellebores. I love them 😊

      Delete
  8. It is lovely to be able to get things out to dry in the sun isn't it, although I seem to have misheard the forecast today and just washed a huge quilt ... and now it is raining. Time to get the airer out.

    We have a double retractable washing line outside, one side of it we use as a long line from the end of the lodge to the house and the other sort of zig-zags from fence to lodge to shed. I love them as when they are not in use they are completely out of the way and it makes such a huge difference to the garden not to have a line strung across it.

    Chips are around that price here too, although you can get a small portion for less.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was born 1942 so got my pension at 60 and it has risen steadily since, however I am very pleased to have my teachers pension and I paid into another scheme so I often wonder how people manage with just the state pension. I bet those chips at the allotment were very tasty and worth the money and I'm sure you both enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx