Thursday 10 March 2022

A Decision Made

 Like Sue from A Smaller and Simpler Life, I began to wonder whether I should carry on blogging about my shopping in the light of all the pain being suffered by people in the current situation.  I thought about it yesterday and decided that whether I blog or not won't change the outcome but might keep me and some of my readers sane with a bit of normality.  So for now I'll carry on and keep donating to the Ukraine collection buckets whenever I can.  Whatever is raised by the public will be matched by the UK government so every little helps.

When we shopped at Aldi recently I bought one of these curries to try.  It cost (I think) £1.99 and microwaved beautifully in just a few minutes. It was very filling and contained 2 of my 5 a day portions.  It was a very mild curry flavour but I would definitely buy it again....


DD was so excited to get these last night at Morrisons supermarket that she texted me a photo! πŸ˜‚ Like mother like daughter...


The Sainsbugs home delivery arrived yesterday afternoon with, surprisingly, no substitutions at all.  I felt it a bit foolish to cut right back on the order so had added a few things for the store cupboard as well as a bottle of wine for my friends birthday so that I don't have to visit the supermarket to get it.  Why are all the treats on the bottom of the list?  It looks like that's all I bought! πŸ‘€The total was £61.10 which has been added to the total below....



When driving past the small Sainsbury's convenience store which had recently closed I noticed some shop fitting going on and a new sign.  It will be a BUDGEONS!  Now I am excited!  Can you tell I don't go out much? πŸ˜‚

Thanks for popping in  and a big welcome to 2 new followers ((hugs))

Praying for peace in Ukraine πŸ™

Also praying for flood victims in Australia πŸ™


March Food Shop Challenge:

£87.08/ £275.00

8 comments:

  1. We have to carry on as normal, its keeps us sane. Let's face it the media is so gull of doom, war , price hikes, scams and the Royal family we have to do what we can in our own little world. The Choc orange cookies look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't like to tell you this but when there was a Budgeons in Woodbridge which I went in very occasionally, it was Very Expensive!....It's now an East of England Co-op.

    Wish I could eat chickpeas as that curry looks good and very low in all the nasty stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m trying to make the money stretch as much as I can. I’m worried that the energy bills are going to be even higher than predicted. I’m all for putting on extra jumpers etc but my arthritis tends to flare if I get too cold. Worrying time. The chickpea curry looks a winner. Looks healthy too. No warning label for fat and salt. The OH only likes a mild curry so I will look out for that one for a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, we can only carry on as normal, which feels so wrong, reading blogs does help, our world is so strange in these times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love chickpeas - in curries, soup, stew or with salad. Looking for bargains has almost become a full time occupation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m interested in you saying your local Sainsbury’s is closing; one did do so near me and has reopened as a Budgen. It maybe that in this part of the city there are too many options- I can walk to a Lidl and an Aldi and get stuff much cheaper. I recommend B&M too for dry goods - one tends to think of it as household stuff but the food section is quite varied and well priced.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We can only do what we can do, what feels right for us. I didn't realise Budgens was still in existence, I thought it folded years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, for one, enjoy seeing what others buy and spend when they shop, so I'm glad you are continuing to post. Your daughter found an excellent deal on those cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie πŸ’“ xx