Tuesday 8 March 2022

Praying Daily

 Once again thank you to everyone who left a comment on my last post. Your suggestions are all terrific, thank you.  I hope I didn't come across as self pitying because that wasn't my intention at all.  I do realise how lucky we are to have a warm home and food to eat,  it's just that I have to focus on controlling spending so as not to worry to the extent that I can't sleep πŸ˜•  This has happened too often in the recent past.

Now....I had £7.87 personal spending left yesterday and I wanted to top up the car with petrol because the price is creeping up on a daily basis.  I had allocated £14 for fuel this week but decided to add £6 from spending to make it up to £20, leaving me with £1.87.  There was a long queue at Morrisons petrol station but I stuck it out and got my fuel. 3/4 of a tank should last me a while.  The remainder of my pocket money was dropped into the bucket for Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ 

Praying for peace in  Ukraine πŸ™ 

Also praying for respite from severe flooding in Australia πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί πŸ™ 

 My son, his wife and small daughter live in the suburbs of Sydney where they have had torrential rain for more than 2 weeks. Flash flooding is everywhere....


Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x 

13 comments:

  1. I didn’t think you were self pitying. We have to have a healthy place to vent. Honestly we all understand. Be kind to yourself -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debby, for your kind comment. The world is such a harsh place right now that I really should count my blessings. Hugs to you for being comforting ❤

      Delete
  2. We are living in a topsy-turvy world at the moment, thought things would be normal after covid but doubt the old normal will be back.
    Hope your family avoid the flooding - it's frightening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing seems normal at the moment does it, Sue, and heaven knows when it will. I'm so worried about my son and his family. I keep texting every day to see if they are OK.

      Delete
  3. How lovely of you to donate to Ukraine. Our world is so strange right now, no one can know what will happen. I hope the flooding stops in Australia (know how terrible floods are) and that peace will finally come to Ukraine.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems the world has gone mad doesn't it. Stay safe Jackie x

      Delete
  4. The flash floods in Australia and the Ukraine war are on my prayer list now. Gas prices here in California are always high because our state puts about a dollar a gallon tax on each gallon (which they do not spend wisely), it is $6 a gallon today, up from $3.50 last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Terra, that's quite a hefty increase in price. Where will it all end I wonder? God bless you for adding Australia to your prayer list. Stay safe x

      Delete
  5. No self pity detected at all! Just straightforward thoughts; money is tight and if we can help each other with advice and tips so much the better.
    Last night Martin Lewis suggested we read our gas meters and send them the reading as we may be overpaying if we pay Direct Debit. I did just that and hope next months bill will be less as a result.
    You wondered what cleaning for £12.50 ph hour might entail. Normally that would be floors swept and/or hoovered and general cleaning of surfaces and tidying. You would not necessarily be expected to run a washing machine although washing up breakfast things might be included. It would be negotiable as they might expect certain jobs done for the price and you in turn could state what you are willing to do. My sis-in-law used to do one afternoon a week for an elderly gentleman who liked the company I think as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I watched Martin Lewis too but we have a smart meter and readings are taken automatically. Fingers crossed that the weather will warm up a bit so that we can all turn down the heating!
      Thanks so much for the info regarding cleaning. It's very useful stuff to know, especially since you know someone who has actually done it. £12.50 would be a useful sum of money! Thank you Anne x

      Delete
  6. You didn't come across as self-pitying to me, either! You came across as someone who was very aware of what is happening and trying to be proactive in being prepared for increased costs of living while living on a fixed income.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bless, I appreciate your comment so much x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie πŸ’“ xx