Sunday 6 March 2022

More Free Food!

Once again I would like to thank all of you who have left comments on my recent posts and a big welcome to my newest follower 😃  it's really lovely to know that people do actually read my ramblings 👍

This morning I popped to Sainsburys as we still need a TV guide for the coming week.  I failed to get a free newspaper with the listings inside and G says he is confused without a guide 😏 So....at the same time I wanted to buy some more fruit and veg to help get us to our 5 a day this week.  I bought beetroot, iceberg lettuce (which was the cheapest lettuce I could find), a pepper and another tin of pears which were on special Nectar price at 77p.  My favourite Dorset cereal, which I've run out of, was on offer at £3.30   £2.00 and the yogurt on special at 60p.  The flavoured water at the back was 85p but I'm going to the cinema tonight for the first time in 2 years with DD and the Grandchildren (G has very kindly paid for my ticket.  I think he wants to watch Peaky Blinders in peace on his own tonight!)  and I don't want to pay cinema prices for a drink 😊


I want to save as much cash as possible again this month so used £7.50 worth of Nectar points, accumulated since I spent the last lot in January.  The shopping therefore cost the princely sum of 9p This has been added to the total below.....


 

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x 


March Food Shop Challenge:

£25.98/ £275.00

9 comments:

  1. 9p.....good buy! :-) Enjoy the cinema - what are you going to see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze, we are going to see Uncharted which is category 12A so it shouldn't be scary!

      Delete
  2. We are thinking about going to cinema again, we loved the afternoon viewings, reduced for the 'silver' section with a free coffee, and a oldies menu at Weatherspoons before for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely, Marlene, go for it! We used to love those screenings too although we went to the morning ones so no Weatherspoons for us :)

      Delete
  3. What a great and frugal shopping trip. Enjoy the movies as we call it over here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Jackie, it was great. Hardly anyone else in the theatre so well spaced out. Thoroughly enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  4. Lettuces are really quite expensive at the moment aren't they but hopefully as they come into season next month this will change. No wonder you are queen of pears at Sainsbugs ... now I know why ;-)

    I love a 9p shopping trip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, Sue, I just wish we had grown a few more under cover at the allotment.
      My secret passion for pears is no longer a secret!

      Delete
  5. You were able to buy quite a bit for 9p! How wonderful to be able to use your points for the rest! :) I paid $1.69 for an iceberg lettuce at the end of February, which, according to the online converter, amounts to £1.29. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx