Saturday 5 March 2022

Free Reading & Cheap Lunches

 On visiting our local plant nursery on Wednesday I was lucky enough to find the new FREE Living magazine on display so grabbed one while I had the chance.  It will keep me busy reading this weekend.  We didn't spend any money but enjoyed planning the new garden, just spending money in our heads!


In an effort to be frugal, not waste a thing, yet to eat healthily, I boiled the last 5 eggs which were on the best before date on Monday.  Lunches this week were:

  • Monday: Egg and cress Sandwiches
  • Tuesday:  Reduced price cheese and onion rolls, an egg each, salad


  • Wednesday: Reduced price quiche from the freezer.  Half each, which was a bit greedy but it was too delicious not to eat warm.....


served again with salad....


  • Thursday:   DD came for lunch so we had spicy beanburgers on a wholemeal bun with a cheese slice and sliced tomato on top....


  • Friday:  We ate a decent breakfast of banana and cereal so skipped lunch as we weren't hungry.  Tea ( dinner or supper as you prefer it 😊)  was baked salmon fillets with jacket potatoes and peas with fruit and yogurt for pudding.

  • Saturday: we are going to DD for lunch and 
  • Sunday, as explained, will be a ready meal each

If we eat a hearty meal at lunchtime we then eat more sparingly in the evening.  For example:  cheese or beans on toast, cheese and crackers, soup, jacket potatoes etc 

We are definitely not going hungry but are cutting back on the spending nonetheless.  We do, however, need to increase our consumption of fruit and veg 😬 I'm thinking... I'm thinking....


Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x 


March Food Shop Challenge:

£25.89/ £275.00

5 comments:

  1. Good for you. I do that, too. Just picked all of the tangerines off of the tree. That saves me so much money on fruit! I used up my last egg making gingersnaps the other day. It's such a good feeling to eat up the leftovers and use what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to add more fruit to my diet as well. Veggies I don't do badly on. I will be looking for some hints from you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks and sounds like you are eating well, even while keeping the spending low. I need to increase my intake of vegetables, myself. I do OK with the fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely meals there. I'm the same, if I have a more filling lunch I will have a snacky type tea, or if I eat a good healthy breakfast and find that I'm not hungry at lunch time I will just have a treat of a biscuit (or 2 or 3) with a coffee and call that lunch.

    It's all about balance isn't it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx