Saturday 12 March 2022

The Devil is in the Detail, FREE Vegan Sausage Roll & Barcode Stamps

This morning I wanted to pop to the allotment to pick one of our last 3 winter cabbages.  Last night I was scrolling through my phone and found out that through the O2 Priority App you can get a free Greggs sausage roll, pizza slice or bacon roll on Friday and Saturday just by clicking on the offer. The offer is valid for the whole of March.  There is a small Greggs near the allotment so I clicked this morning and tootled off to the shop, not really holding out much hope, but ...yay!...a free vegan sausage roll!  I bought a coffee at the same time for £1.40 but I guess that's the idea of the offer, to encourage extra spending.  Anyway, I sat in the shed at the allotment in the sun to enjoy them.  Now I won't need lunch....


I know that hardened allotmenteers will laugh their socks off but I squirm at slugs, snails and worms especially if they are on my veg so I dismantle my cabbages on site in order to flick off the offending creatures before I take them home!  The RHS has announced that such creatures will no longer be designated pests but I still don't want them on my cabbages 👀 The nicely denuded cabbage will be eaten tomorrow for lunch.....


The title The Devil is in the Detail refers to our experience yesterday of renewing G's car insurance.  The quote was fine and we just wanted to pay the premium and forget it for another year but what a palver.  The renewal hotline was extremely busy and G hung on for ages before agreeing to a 'callback' via an automated message.  Meanwhile, I tried to do it online for him to no avail.  After about 15 mins someone did call him back and he promptly handed the phone to me to deal with 😏 I immediately spotted a spelling mistake in the address on his letter (an L instead of a B) so mentioned it to the call handler.  He corrected it and immediately the premium dropped by £27 !  We couldn't believe our luck.  I'm so glad I spotted it.  The devil is indeed in the detail! 😊

It appears that the new barcoded postage stamps are in the shops.  Instead of 12 in a book there is only 8 because they are so big.  Just as well because a book of 8 will cost £7.60 ......



Thanks so much for popping in and stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x

Praying for peace in Ukraine 🙏


March Food Shop Challenge:

£99.51/ £275.00

10 comments:

  1. There is a huge jump in prices next month for 1st class stamps, not such a big jump for 2nd thank goodness but still annoying.
    Very lucky spot for your car insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Postage is a ridiculous price. Although I hope to move I'm still going g to start off some seeds so that I have some home grown vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good idea, Tania, you could always grow some early potatoes in pots and take them with you. We are growing some stuff in pots this year too just in case G's spinal problem worsens and he has to give up the allotment.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on slugs and snails, worms not so bad, my grandson laughs at me asking hubby to move them out of my way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Postage in Canada has always been too high.

    Right with you on the little critters that hide in the veggie garden. Just ew.....

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are God's creatures but I can't bear touching them :/

      Delete
  5. How wonderful to get a free sausage roll to go with your coffee and the price reduction on the auto insurance! It paid to check those details! Your cabbage looks great, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx