Saturday 14 January 2023

Testing My Brain Cells & Preparing for Baking

Yesterday was damp, wild and miserable.  We wanted fresh air and didn't know what to do with ourselves so we wrapped up well and went to the allotment to check that everything was ok after the high winds.  Luckily it was.  We both managed to get a free Greggs sausage roll from the village on the O2 App (me a vegan one) and G bought us both a hot drink, so lunch was eaten in the warm car on the allotment carpark! 

I've got lots of ironing to do today so won't do my usual Saturday shop, so we tootled off to Morrisons clutching the voucher for the remaining £7.14 in my hot little hand.  I also received a £5 Nestle voucher during the week due, to my tub of Aero hot chocolate being recalled just before Christmas because of a problem during manufacture.  This is what we bought.....





Small print on the voucher explained that as long as one Nestle purchase was made then the whole £5 could be used for shopping. I didn't need telling twice!  G spotted this Mini Eggs bar (of course he did 👀) so in the trolley it went.....



The shopping came to £12.47 therefore: vouchers £7.14 + £5.00 = £12.14....cash 33p


When we got home G insisted on paying for the chocolate (who am I to argue?) so £1.25 - 33p = 92p cash refund! Once again I have a small amount of cash set aside and NO actual cash spent 😀

As you can see I bought eggs, butter and chilled pastry (I couldn't find shortcrust at a reasonable cost) because Sue Hall has been sharing her baking with us on her blog A Smaller and Simpler Life and she has inspired me to bake this weekend.  I have apple in the freezer to use up as well as half a jar of mincemeat.


Funds:    

Iceland vouchers (won) £100 /  £35.37 spent       
Morrisons voucher (G's gift from work) £50/ £50.00 spent
Nectar points  £11.75/ £7.50 spent
Boots points £7.28
Nestle voucher £5.00 £5.00 spent
Cash spent £0.02

Thanks for popping in and stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x 

6 comments:

  1. I find Sue H's blog inspirational too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find she teaches me a lot, Angela, so you CAN teach an old dog new tricks it seems 😂 I'm always willing to learn 😁

      Delete
  2. What a great shopping trip, and having extra money in hand is great.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done well, we are having an expensive week, hopefully next week will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am suitably impressed that I inspired you to bake ... and you can't go wrong with ready rolled pastry can you. I bet it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great with your shopping and keeping to your budget!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx