Monday 23 January 2023

A Very Chilly Weekend & Planning For Snow


photo from Google

Gosh it was so cold again over the weekend.  There was an antiques and collector's fair nearby on Sunday but I couldn't summon up the courage to go out.  G was at work on both days so I stayed home and did lots of housework instead, read a bit, knitted some more of my sweater, and prepped a food shopping list for Tuesday.  On Sunday, late afternoon, the family popped in to visit.  I hadn't planned any food but the kids got peckish which gave me the opportunity to cook the Boxing Day food languishing in the freezer 👍  It was a bit of a mash up with mini steak bakes, tempura prawns, halloumi fries, garlic bread, crisps and a few baby plum tomatoes.  It was all wolfed down and followed by bakewell tarts and ice creams 😋

All a bit calorific but it gave me more freezer space in the garage freezer which will enable me to top up a bit when we shop at Iceland tomorrow.  Heavy snow is forecast for February so I want to be prepared with longlife milk, bread flour and lots of easy to cook food so that we won't have to venture out if the roads are icy.  I still want to shop with vouchers but I have £64.63 left so that should be plenty. 

I'll post tomorrow showing what I bought....

Thanks so much for popping in. Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x


Funds:    

Iceland vouchers (won) £100 /  £35.37 spent       
Morrisons voucher (G's gift from work) £50/ £50.00 spent
Nectar points  £15.00/ £15.00 spent
Boots points £5.19 / 0.98p spent
Nestle voucher £5.00 £5.00 spent
Cash spent £1.50

6 comments:

  1. That sounds lovely I bet everyone loved the impromptu buffet style 'party' bits. I thought it was supposed to warms up a bit over the weekend, but it really didn't.

    We drove through Lancaster on the way to Mums and the pavements were just sheets of ice, some of the hillier pavements looked absolutely lethal. Anyone without a car just would not have been able to go out at all. So stocking up just in case of more of this weather is a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have bits in the freezer, so it must have felt good to use it all up, we are still trying to eat from ours, as they were totally full at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snuggled in the house with a snowstorm outside sounds like a good day to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not too sure about snow here, but temperatures are supposed to start to fall this weekend to below seasonal for this time of year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure everyone enjoyed the impromptu meal you produced. :) A good idea to stock up if icy, snowy weather is in the forecast. I'm looking forward to seeing what you buy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are wise to shop before the roads are icy. I do the same here. Just spent a week in the sunshine, and it was lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx