Thursday 12 January 2023

Nip In, Nip Out and a Cakey Tea

 Yesterday I realised that I needed to buy a TV guide for next week and popped to Sainsbugs whilst G was at the allotment patiently weeding the bed of raspberry canes. When we did the shopping on Tuesday I noticed that a pack of 4 big brand baked beans were retailing at £2.50, far too expensive so I left them on the shelf. At Sainsbugs I snagged the last pack of 4 @ £1.45, much more reasonable. Our daughter is coming for lunch today so I picked up 3 big baking potatoes for 61p (coincidentally with 40 bonus Nectar points on them) and a tin of pears (well as last year's Pear Queen I just had to! 😂) We can have baked potatoes with cheese and use up some of the salad from the fridge..... 


The total was £3.85 so I used £2.50 worth of Nectar points, the £1.33 left from last week's cash refund, leaving just 2p cash spent......



After a hot lunch of baked beans and potato wedges (and a bit of a rest with a book) we drove to our local plant nursery for a browse and the tea and cake using G's birthday voucher. This was my choice: gingerbread cheesecake....... 


G chose caramel apple crumble cake which he ate from his plate on the tray.  Very uncivilised in my view but he was happy 🙄



We were so stuffed that we didn't need anything else later! 


Funds:    

Iceland vouchers (won) £100 /  £35.37 spent       
Morrisons voucher (G's gift from work) £50/ £42.86 spent
Nectar points  £11.75/ £7.50 spent
Boots points £7.28
Cash spent £0.02

Thanks for popping in and stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x 

9 comments:

  1. In the French cafeterias they eat from their trays at lunchtime - so over there it is quite chic! You do have to watch that some of the cheaper food shops can be dearer than Sainsbury's. At Farm Foods today I noticed their large Lurpack was £6 - Sainsbury's is on offer at the moment at £5.75 and you get Nectar points too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I never! I won't tell G about the tray ;)
      Re prices: the cheapest ones are often in unexpected places, aren't they, we just need to be vigilant I think.

      Delete
  2. Wow £2.50 for four tins of baked beans our grannies would be absolutely horrified!!

    A 2p shop is a VERY good shop, and that gingerbread cheesecake looks very tasty :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cheesecake was delicious and I did give G the cream off the top to eat with his apple cake :)

      Delete
  3. Very well done. That cheesecake looks amazing, hope it tasted wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those desserts look amazing. Glad you found such excellent bargains on groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your slice of cheesecake looks delicious! And you did great with getting your groceries with your points and refunds, and paying very little of your cash!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx