Monday 16 January 2023

A Nectar Ninja? Are You?

 I've had a fun message from the Nectar App.  Am I a Nectar Ninja?.......


 It seems I collected points to the value of £91.71 over the year which is not a sum to be sniffed at.  That equates to almost two whole weeks of free food.......


........and I purchased 799 portions of fruit and veg too.....



Now that doesn't sound like a lot does it : just over 15 portions a week, but it is in addition to all the fruit and veg we grow at the allotment.  The ones I purchase are to fill any gaps in our crops. 

It seems that I am also #1 buyer of pineapple pieces!  Now that's a promotion from last year when I was Pear Queen 😂  We use them to top our breakfast cereal as a change from pears and grapefruit 😂



Have you had one of these fun emails/texts?  What do you buy the most of?


Funds:    

Iceland vouchers (won) £100 /  £35.37 spent       
Morrisons voucher (G's gift from work) £50/ £50.00 spent
Nectar points  £11.75/ £7.50 spent
Boots points £7.28
Nestle voucher £5.00 £5.00 spent
Cash spent £0.02

Thanks for popping in and stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x 

13 comments:

  1. I take my hat off to you Number One Buyer of Pineapple Pieces, you've progressed from pears then!! I wonder who pinched your crown?

    I haven't had the email yet, but I doubt very much I'll be anywhere near your Sainsbugs loyalty, I just use them as a back up to Aldi and Booths. That is a brilliant saving of points value over the course of a year though isn't it, well worth being such a Ninja for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...I think I bought more pineapple this year because it was cheaper!
      Yes, Sue, it's well worth taking advantage of the points system.

      Delete
  2. I'm also a ninja! I collected 17,328 nectar points (£86.59), bought 1266 portions of fruit & 540 veg. I am the #15 buyer of whole leaf kale in the East Midlands. P.S. I rescued 2 rabbits 5 years ago & they're 6 this year - they love kale and most other veg!! My top 3 buys were Greek yoghurt, kale and milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Your purchases of fruit and veg knock me into a cocked hat. We love Greek yogurt too and your rescue rabbits are very well fed it seems :)

      Delete
  3. Yes, I have also had one, and am apparently the top buyer of Lapsang tea! Is it a bit scary to realise just how much information they have about people??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit disconcerting, Elizabeth, but is the price we pay for this sort of reward scheme, I guess.

      Delete
  4. Sounds as if you did very well. We don't really have anything like that here in Canada. Or at least not in my province.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what I buy the most of...definitely lots of salad ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't have Nectar points, but, every now and then, my grocery store tells me how much I have saved using their club card and digital coupons, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to know how much money we have saved isn't it Bless :)

      Delete
  7. You are doing brilliantly with your vouchers and points savings Angie. From pear queen to pineapple queen as well :-) Keep going and have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx