Thursday 19 January 2023

Low Spend/ No Spend Week & More Snow

 Not much needed in the way of groceries this week as I have been using up 'bitsa this and bitsa that' from the fridge and freezer.  I did, however, need a TV guide and some fresh milk from Sainsbugs.  Whilst there I spotted some YS salmon en croute which we like,  a nice head of broccoli, a bit of salad stuff and some yogurt..........




It came to £11.75 including some cotton face pads for me which don't get paid for from the food budget.  Therefore £11.75 - £1.85= £9.90 - £7.50 Nectar points = £2.40.  I had 92p cash in hand from a refund so Cash spent £1.48....


We needed paracetamol so I used Boots points to buy the 2 packs allowed, therefore they were FREE......


On a completely different subject, there had been another light snowfall during the night so we stayed inside in the warmth and DD came for lunch.  The bird feeder was topped up and we have been watching the little Robin eating his fill 😀  I'm hoping that the bulbs will soon be popping up but no sign of spring yet!

Thanks for popping in and stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x 


Funds:    

Iceland vouchers (won) £100 /  £35.37 spent       
Morrisons voucher (G's gift from work) £50/ £50.00 spent
Nectar points  £15.00/ £15.00 spent
Boots points £5.19 / 0.98p spent
Nestle voucher £5.00 £5.00 spent
Cash spent £1.50

13 comments:

  1. You bought quite a few items for very little cash spent! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I bought paracetamol they were 29p each packet from Aldi that was a while ago though and, as we know, things change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boots have always been much more expensive but I wanted to use points to buy them with. We usually buy Sainsbury's ones which used to be 29p a pack but have risen to 32p and I'm sure another increase is on it's way ;0(

      Delete
    2. Just back from an Aldi shop and they are now 32p there! I used to buy them for The Dog (with Vet's instruction) and they were super dearer in a Chemist and when the staff used to quiz you about why you needed them I had to lie as the Chemist could not sell them for animal use.

      Delete
  3. I have to buy the paracetamol smooth caplets as I can't seem to swallow rough tablets - annoying they are always more expensive. But then everything is more expensive this week than it was last week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I much prefer the caplets too, Sue, as they are easier to swallow but G doesn't mind so he can take the Boots ones. They didn't have any caplets at all and only 6 boxes of the tablets too. I took 2 leaving only 4 on the shelf !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do so well with your shopping, PP. Those are great deals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. January seems to be the use up bits and pieces month doesn't it.
    Glad you could use your Boots points for the tablets. We have a Savers close by and use that when we can.
    No snow here although it was very cold last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Beverley, my freezer is gradually gaining a bit of useful space! Really cold here again last night. Roll on Spring!

      Delete
  7. Using 'bitsa this and bitsa that' is proving to be great fun, and it does make for some imaginative meals doesn't it ... I'm loving it.

    Clever shopping and even cleverer maths skills in keeping track of the spending. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx