Friday 10 November 2023

E is for Ebay

 


I have been selling on eBay for 21 years now and find it a very useful platform to raise a bit of cash from stuff we no longer need.  Occasionally, I pick up a few bits from charity shops to sell on for a bit of pocket money.  I'll never make a fortune though and don't get anywhere near the £1,000 per annum profit allowed by HMRC before having to declare it.  Anyway, I'm well below the tax threshold for my income as it is.  Occasionally, I pick up beautiful pieces which I would love to keep, but space in the bungalow is very limited.  Since April this year I have sold stuff for a total of £187.50 after fees and postage.  This will be just enough for Christmas gifts, cards and wrapping etc this year.

DD's Family:  £30 each x 4 =  £120
Children:  £5 each (in a card) x 5 =£25
Cheer up gift for my sister:  £20 (not sure what to buy yet as it will have to be posted)
$30 Australian sent to granddaughter £16.04 (my son will choose and wrap a gift from us)

Leaving approx £6.46 for cards & wrapping etc Reasonably happy with that.....

See you tomorrow 💓 x









7 comments:

  1. You've done really well, that's just about all costs covered. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I tried to buy something from ebay my payment details were refused - which was odd, so I've never tried again.
    You did well with selling

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few years back we tried selling a few things on ebay - unfortunately, we seemed to get all the problem buyers who caused us no end of hassle, so we never tried again. You've obviously got it down to a fine art - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 65 years old and have never gone on Ebay. Maybe soon I'll have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you did well with selling items on Ebay! You've got your Christmas gift giving costs taken care of! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I just bought some sock yarn at a great price on EBay. I have never sold there, but have purchased several items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done. It's quite a bit of hassle for what feels like a relatively small return. But on the other hand, every little helps and it's a positive way to declutter. And having a specific project for the income (like Christmas, or holiday money) is a good incentive

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx