Wednesday 12 October 2022

What I'm Reading Now

When we moved to the bungalow a year ago (blimey, a year already 😳) I had to sell or donate a high proportion of my books to make the move easier, so I felt justified in treating myself to the new Richard Osman one, the third in the series. I had a £3 Amazon voucher towards the cost so not too bad really 👍 I'm really enjoying it too.... 




I had to visit the village library at the weekend because my log in wouldn't work and I was unable to reserve any books. Apparently, I became 'lost' in the new American system the council has adopted and had to re-register 🙄 Anyway, whilst I was there I browsed the books for sale and bought this one for the princely sum of 10p. Its a collection of short stories which will be lovely when I don't have much time to read..... 

m

On Tuesday, G offered to buy me lunch (when have I ever refused? 😁) and carvery was the order of the day at our local pub.  I didn't have meat as I only eat a little poultry and the day's choice was gammon or beef, so a plate of veg was my choice. Piping hot and delicious for £5.45 and very filling with all the carbs!..... 


It meant no cooking and just a simple tea later on.  And it helped support the new landlord too, so win win 👍 We still want to eat out occasionally if we can, otherwise life is a bit boring, isn't it. 

Are you still finding affordable places to eat out?

BTW we had our flu jabs yesterday with no issues so far other than a 'heavy' arm feeling. One down, Covid to go. 

Stay safe everyone x

7 comments:

  1. I used to love buying the 10p books at the library and managed to get a few real favourites that way.
    Sometimes a nice plate of vegetables and gravy just really hits the spot doesn't it and yes, it's nice to have an occasional meal out to support local businesses. Thank goodness for British Restaurants and chip shops being around during WW2 and therefore allowing me to still do this during my ration challenge.
    We both have our Covid boosters and flu jabs at the weekend, fingers crossed for no side-effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 10p books can be a real bargain and help me to find new-to-me authors.
      Yes, Sue, you are still on track with your ration challenge, aren't you, it's still authentic and what life would really have been like during the war years. People still had family crises to deal with after all.
      My veggie meal was lovely :)
      Good luck with your jabs!

      Delete
  2. One hitch with getting my books from the mobile library is that I rarely go to a library building to see any of the cheap books they are getting rid of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you are never short of reading material Sue!

      Delete
  3. I always seem to miss our library book sales. I really need to pay more attention to their Facebook page.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our village library always has a trolley full of withdrawn books at just 10p per copy. If I remove the tatty plastic covers, the dust covers are usually pristine too :)

      Delete
  4. Your meal of vegetables look delicious! I haven't been to the library since Covid first started! Haven't bought any books, either!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx