Saturday 1 October 2022

30 a Week Challenge Day 6

 Friday meals:

Breakfast: Muesli with half a tinned pear (in juice) & spoonful of live yogurt

Lunch: Sandwich made with wholemeal bread, tinned salmon and cucumber slices 

Evening meal: Spicy beanburger on a bread bap with salad 

We weren't very hungry for our evening meal so a beanburger just hit the spot. It only added 1 point to my total though, for the mixed bean content, as the salad stuff had already been ticked off.  This challenge is even harder than I thought it would be 😏

The total stands at 20.25 this morning and there is no way I will eat 9.75 portions of fruit and veg today.  It looks very much like a fail..... 


It poured with rain yesterday as soon as we ventured out, so we didn't stay out very long.  Driving rain forced us to eat our sandwiches in the car then we bought the grease bands and came home.  The heating was turned on for about an hour to warm us up and dry our coats. Later on I went outside to read and photograph the gas and electricity meters in case the smart meters fail to submit a reading tonight.  It would have been a bit daft to try and do it in the dark tonight so I might take another reading in the morning so that we get the cheaper rate for as long as possible if the Smart fails. What a palaver...

Stay safe everyone and have a great day x

6 comments:

  1. I agree with Sue, no way you have failed. I'm going to go off and see how many ~different~ veg/fruit I ate last week, I suspect there will be nowhere near as much variety as you achieved.

    I applaud you for getting this far, it's a strange challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jayne, how did you do I wonder? Thanks so much for following me through this. I appreciate the support :)

      Delete
    2. Only 15 different items so far, thanks for asking. As I am semi-vegetarian there have been significant quantities of all, each day so I'm definitely managing my "5 a day" or "9 a day" or whatever the heck the latest directive is ðŸĪŠ.

      Delete
  2. I agree with the other two commenters; you have not failed with this challenge! In fact, I think you've done especially well since you are eating what you've had on hand. I think the only way to do this challenge and get the 30 different items is to plan and buy small amounts of 30 different items to eat that week!
    Will you continue with the challenge, next week, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be trying to incorporate more variety into our diet from now on, Bless, but I don't think I'll be logging it all. It's a bit of a faff to be honest. You are probably right in that we would need to buy more variety of fruit and veg in much smaller quantities in order to succeed in the challenge but we are eating home grown produce while we can, which limits the choices. Eating in season is much better for the purse! I will be making an extra effort though.
      Thank you for following me through this. It's very encouraging :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx