Saturday 8 October 2022

Look No Hands! Backs and Jabs...


 

After my challenge last week, I felt more energised than I have felt in weeks so carried on trying to get more variety into our diet.  I baulked at posting more shots of our meals so just kept a list for my own records.  By today, I have reached 21 points and intend having a veg curry or something for lunch which will add a few more points to the total.  I really need to keep eating more healthily!

Having said that, I was cleaning my teeth at the sink on Wednesday, leaned over to rinse my mouth and my back 'gave out' 😖  There was a sharp 'electric shock' of a pain and since then I have been unable to bend without pain and more twinges.  I do get this every few months, and... yes.... I know it gets better, but it's so debilitating not to be able to pick things up from below knee level, or even load the washing machine or dishwasher easily.  This morning, I have stripped my bed and loaded it into the machine with my foot.  Now all I need is to be able to get it out again to dry it.  G is at work until 6pm so can't help me.  I'll try the foot trick again....

We have our flu jabs booked for Tuesday afternoon.  We are both eligible for yet another Covid booster but I want to wait a while until I feel I can cope with any after effects.  We've already had 3 shots.

Are you having another booster this Winter?

Take care everyone x






13 comments:

  1. We have had our COVID boosters, and get flu jabs in two weeks time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I daresay we'll have ours at some point too, Angela, I just didn't want covid and flu jabs at the same time. You did the right thing!

      Delete
  2. I’m in the states. We’ve had two boosters and got the flu jab on Monday. Very sore arm for three days. Otherwise, nothing too bad.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Debbie, I'm glad your jabs went well :)

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about those sharp jabs of pain. Have you tried CBD ointments? I am reluctant to get the booster, it seems like negative results from the jabs are beginning to be discovered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Terra, I haven't tried CBD ointments though I might investigate them to see if they might help.
      I do wonder about long term effects of the covid vaccine but I daresay I'll have another booster at some point.

      Delete
  4. Hope your back feels better, soon. I just had my flu vaccine and my pneumonia vaccine on Friday - one jab in each arm! Both arms are a bit sore and I felt a bit feverish last night and this afternoon, but, am feeling better, now. I will take my Covid booster in a couple of weeks, after I've fully recovered from the flu and pneumonia vaccines. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bless, I'm reluctant to have both jabs at the same time. So glad that yours went well :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't decided. I've had two vaccines and one booster. I felt very sick after receiving them. But, I wanted to travel, and the cruise lines were requiring them, so I did. I am still researching the results before trying the new booster. Hope your back is feeling better, ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your back Angie I know exactly what that is like. I had the same thing happen literally two days before we went away on holiday. I had to use crutches but still had a good time away, just a blooming nuisance.
    Hubby is getting his Covid booster on Friday and I am waiting for my call up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will definitely be getting another booster this winter along with our flu jabs.

    Found out that our youngest son got Covid for the second time and it was just 2 weeks after he got his booster..... He did not have good time.

    Hope your back gets better very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're getting both our Covid, and Flu jabs this weekend.
    Have you had the back twinges checked out at all? I only ask because with three of my vertebrae breaks it was like a massive electric shock pain and then ongoing pain and grinding. They were only picked up properly by an x-ray and then an MRI and then I was diagnosed with spinal osteoporosis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, Sue, I haven't. I had 2 prolapsed discs when I was 43 and have suffered flare ups ever since. Now that I'm 72 the GP just isn't interested. He puts it all down to age related arthritis. The surgery has never authorised an MRI scan at any point in the subsequent 30 years.
    Lockdown and all the inactivity has made things worse too. I just ache all over some days 😩

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx