Thursday 20 October 2022

44 Day Laughing Stock Alert

 Sorry folks, but I can't keep my mouth closed yet again.  For anyone who doesn't yet know I'll shout it out loud....

Liz Truss Has Resigned as PM !


Bl**dy hell,  our country has absolutely NO dignity left.  After just 44 days as Prime Minister, in which time she and her Chancellor wreaked havoc on our economy, she is calling it a day.  I don't normally swear but FFS get a grip! Now I hear that Boris might be putting himself forward as her replacement.  Words fail me.....

It's been a miserable, dark, wet and windy day so the announcement is the absolute icing on the proverbial cake.  I feel utterly as miserable as the weather. I need to find reasons to be thankful:

For a happy phone call from our Daughter this morning.  Her husband is still Covid positive but she is cheerful, bless her 😊

For the WhatsApp video from our Son in Australia showing our 6 year old Granddaughter asking for sweets for the umpteenth time (she was not allowed any more that day) She spelled it out because her parents threatened to deduct 10c from her pocket money every time she said the word SNACK! 😂

Don't you just love kids 😂😂

Ok...I'm smiling now...

Take care and stay safe everyone x


8 comments:

  1. I thought of you when I saw that. I wonder who they will put in there now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heaven knows, Sandi, it's a nightmare situation 🙄

      Delete
  2. I’m in America. We had Trump. I think we win. blech……

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing about it on the news, today. At least your leaders know when to go! :D Glad you found reasons to be grateful and your mood has lifted. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or when they are pushed, Bless! We have to stay positive 😁x

      Delete
  4. It's a ridiculous situation isn't it, I've had enough of the lot of them. Thank goodness for happy family members ... and cheeky, clever children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly IS ridiculous, Sue, when will it all get better I wonder?

      Our little Granddaughter will be 7 years old next month and we have never met her, just made WhatsApp video calls. It's very sad. She's gorgeous :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx