Sunday 16 October 2022

What a Farce & Shortages Continue

I don't usually bother to comment on political goings on but, I ask you, how did our government become such a joke? Firstly, Boris is forced to resign and is replaced by Liz Truss (voted in by the party and not the people) who seems to have her own agenda for running our country, said agenda bearing no resemblance at all to sanity! Plans to reward the rich with tax reductions, and kick the poor and disabled in the teeth by not increasing benefits by the rate of the cost of living. I won't even mention pensioners and families already struggling. The Chancellor had, it seems, become power hungry by his sudden promotion to office and initiated sweeping changes which instantly rocked the finance sector on it's foundations.  I don't even pretend to understand finance on such a grand scale, but warning bells rang as soon as the announcement of the 'mini budget' was made.  Now Truss has sacked the Chancellor after just 38 days in office and there has been a massive u-turn in the plans.  Jeremy Hunt has taken over as Chancellor and is talking of spending cuts in public services.  He was a former Health Secretary who did nothing to help the NHS so...... God help us.

Meanwhile food shortages continue.  Our Son-in-Law tested positive for Covid yesterday so I went to buy some paracetamol for us and Lemsip drinks for him.  There were just 2 packs of Lemsips left on the shelves so I just took one, and about a dozen packs of paracetamol (I took 2)

Eggs were missing apart from a few boxes of the expensive Happy Egg ones....




Tea bags in the smaller packs were gone....


 Also missing were: 

 Small tins of the pineapple pieces we like,  G's favourite cornflakes (shop's own brand) and small tins of baked beans (own brand.... and I refuse to pay double the price for branded)

Ok....I'll descend from my soap box now! I'm sorry for the rant but I didn't sleep well last night so am not at my absolute best today 😒

Today is our 51st wedding anniversary.  G is working and, with SiL so ill, I can't see the family.  Today will be spent alone, probably ironing, which isn't my favourite thing to do.  I must find things to be thankful for.....

For being able to have a power nap this afternoon
For 51 years of marriage and 2 lovely children
For a lovely bright, sunny day

Have a lovely day everyone. Stay safe x

21 comments:

  1. The Tories are a farce. It's actually disgusting what they are doing. Yes the shortages continue and like you we go without rather than pay for over- inflated branded goods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most people are sick of the in-fighting and back-stabbing going on Tania. Where will it all end I wonder....

      Delete
  2. Your leaders sound as weird as ours. I am in the US.

    "I must find things to be thankful for....."

    I think this is the key.

    "For being able to have a power nap this afternoon"

    😊

    "For 51 years of marriage and 2 lovely children"

    A tremendous blessing!

    "For a lovely bright, sunny day"

    😃

    "Have a lovely day everyone. Stay safe x"

    Thanks! You too.

    Blessings 💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS many congratulations on 51 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very happy Anniversary to you.

    Things can only get better? but not sure when!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue.
      I'm not sure how long it will take either...

      Delete
  5. I just read about that in the news. How upsetting. It's good that you got your ironing done. I hope they restock your favorite items at the grocery store. I guess people are still getting Covid. I am debating on taking my second booster when it is available...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we will too, Stephenie, it's just a matter of when they can fit us in. I guess that after a whole year since our last booster our resistance to infection will be much reduced :(

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary to you. I don't read or watch anything about government any more. They will just do what they want and don't care about people. And yes, whichever supermarket I go to there are things missing. My husband read an article a few months ago in which it said that the over manager of the company instructed each place to limit what it had and keep some things off the shelves!!! Again they don't care about people.

    I like reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep things off the shelves? What on earth are they playing at?
      I despair, Pat, the world has gone mad!
      Thank you for your anniversary wishes and I'm glad you enjoy reading my blog. At least I can get some things off my chest on here! lol :)

      Delete
  7. I think you are absolutely right, Angela, they always manage to shift the blame.
    Thank you so much for your congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary, and I hope your son feels better soon.

    I still haven't forgiven the b***** Tories for Thatcher/Nigel Lawson. (Ended up with negative equity on the first tiny flat I ever bought ...) Like you, I do not normally talk politics in public but the current situation beggars belief. Sunak broke the triple lock last year and heavens knows what they will try and get away with this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jayne, I can see negative equity rearing it's head again now and that's if anyone can actually afford to get on the property ladder in the first place now :/ I can't see the triple lock being re-introduced next April as promised either.
      Thank you so much for your good wishes :)

      Delete
  9. I totally agree with your post, Liz Truss has made a dogs dinner of her policies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hasn't she just :0( She's done more damage to the economy in just a few weeks than Thatcher did in years.

      Delete
  10. What can I say.. what a shambles. I don't think I can find words!!
    So on a nicer note a very happy 51st anniversary to you both and I hope you have a lovely evening when G gets home from work.
    Get well wishes to SiL x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a good anniversary, and I love that no matter what happens you can find things to be thankful for ... and 51 years of a good marriage is definintely one of them. Lots of love to both of you. xx

    As for politics, they are all appearing to be as bad as each other at the moment. We need a government of the people, for the people not one made up of ministers feathering their own nests and trying to be in the popularity stakes no matter what the cost to the ordinary citizens of this country.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary to you and your husband! What a wonderful achievement! Hope your son-in-law recovers quickly and hope the shelves fill up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx