Monday 27 December 2021

My Word For 2022 & Planning Ahead

I hope you all had a super Christmas and spent it in the way you love best. At this point in the year I always feel that Christmas is over once more and I want to get on with planning the new year ahead.  We don't bother much with new year celebrations (despite me having Scottish heritage!) so I like to dismantle the decorations on New Year's Eve in order to begin the new year with a fresh, clean slate.

We spent Christmas day with our Daughter and her family and it was extra special.  Santa forgot to come to our new bungalow, he must have forgotten we were moving, but he left some of my favourite perfume at their house 😃 A smashing turkey dinner was cooked for us followed by a tea of salad and hot nibbles.  It was lovely.

They came to us on Boxing day and I cooked a ready prepared salmon & trout roast with dauphinoise potatoes and peas followed by white chocolate & berry cheesecake.   Tea was again salad and hot nibbles followed by cup cakes.  We all felt full but not full to bursting.

When the Grandchildren had gone I found these notes tucked under the energy display thingy!  They used to write on my wall calendar but I haven't got one here so they improvised with a tiny notepad found in one of the crackers 😂  The monitor shows today's useage but I have done 3 loads of washing and some tumble drying today.  The beds were stripped, washed, dried and ironed today 😇



I never make a new year's resolution because I know I will soon fall by the wayside so I'm taking a different approach.  I have decided on a new byword for 2022 and it will be :

                       COMPASSION

Hand in hand with compassion goes kindness and I will endeavour to show more of both during the forthcoming  year.  We have been so very lucky to get our new bungalow and are hopeful that we can pass on a little of our good fortune to others in need.  I don't as yet know what we can do, or how much, but we intend to try.


A weekly food bank donation will be a good place to start.

I'm also planning a challenge from 1st January to begin our Frugal Year on a Tight Budget.  I'm just working out the details and will let you know soon how I plan it to go....

Do you have a byword for the new year? Or any resolutions?

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x 

10 comments:

  1. It's a good way to start a new year, your Christmas sounds perfect, we were at our daughters, young children make the day. They are here on New Year's day, so decorations will be packed away by then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you had a lovely Christmas too. Your GC look adorable :) Happy New Year Marlene.

      Delete
  2. Cooperate. That was my theme when I had my hips replaced. It helped a lot in the recovery. Sounds like you had a really nice Christmas with delicious meals, desserts and company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your word for the year. It sounds as if you had a wonderful Christmas celebration.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, thank you Jackie, now we need to share the love x

      Delete
  4. I love the precious little notes! And "compassion" is a wonderful #word365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep the little notes in my 'treasures' box Angela. Now to share the love in 2022 :)

      Delete
  5. I love the notes and their ingenuity at the placement :-)

    I can't think of a word for next year, I need to somehow condense my plan to 'spend no money' into one catchy word ... I'm stumped!! I do however like yours, and even a pound a week spent on a few things for the Foodbank trolley in the supermarket is a lovely gesture. You can get a few things if you go for the basic ranges as I have found out in the past.

    Oh and I'm itching to start taking down the decorations too, they'll be all gone by New Years Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue, I was thrilled when I found them :)
      I can't think of a suitable word for your year either at the moment. Something is bound to pop into your head because you are so good at these challenges and, yes, about a pound a week for the food bank is what I had in mind, perhaps more as I get the year into perspective.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx