Tuesday 7 December 2021

A Rainy December Day and a Surprise

Today storm Barra has begun to make his mark.  Overnight the weather turned wet, windy and freezing cold making it too nasty to venture far.  We took the easy option and drove the car to the village pub as they have bingo every Tuesday at 1.30pm.  We had 3 games for £1.50 including a free tea, coffee or hot chocolate and a biscuit which is a real bargain.  Sitting in a warm pub for an hour and having a bit of company and a giggle for £1.50 can't be bad. We would normally buy a drink each but finances are too stretched today so we couldn't.....


But I won on a line and got these.....


I felt a bit guilty for not having bought a drink but we will next time and we had a warm welcome anyway.

Thanks to everyone who left comments on my last post, they are much appreciated.  Welcome too to my newest followers.  It's lovely to have you pop in!

When I checked the joint account this morning I could see that we have had our government Christmas bonus of £10 each.  The amount hasn't changed for donkey's years as I can remember my mum and dad getting the same amount.  I'm amazed that it hasn't been stopped completely but very grateful for it.  An extra £10 in my purse is a bit of a safety net and will help me eke out my cash until the end of the month, so thank you to the powers that be.

That's all my news for now.  I admire the bloggers who are posting every day for Blogmass, I wouldn't have enough interesting things to talk about!

Stay warm and safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x

9 comments:

  1. I didn't know about the Christmas bonus so looked it up and as they say £10 is better than a kick up the rear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to spend a wet afternoon, lucky you to have somewhere to go locally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great, must do it again. It was literally 3 minutes in the car to get there. We could walk on a warm, dry day.

      Delete
  3. What a great way to spend a wet day. You won something as well, which along with the company makes it perfect.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect way to spend a wet afternoon, fun, laughter,friendly company and a sweet treat win. What more could you ask for. Glad you had a good time x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bingo sounds perfect ... and you got one of my favourite little biscuits with your coffee. I bet if you set your mind to it you could find lots to do for either a really minimal cost or for free.

    One year in Wales I set myself the Challenge of finding free things to do during December and made an attempt to visit as many Christmas Fairs etc that gave out free mince pies and coffee with your £1 admittance ticket. Our best outing was to a preview evening at Bodnant Farm Shop you got a glass of prosecco and a large mince pie on entering and it was just a lovely festive atmosphere with complete strangers talking to each other.

    It was all inspired by a book I had just read by Kath Kelly ... How I Lived on a Pound a Day. Unfortunately it's not in print at the moment, but it is available on Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Sue, I just took a look at the book you mention and have downloaded it onto kindle. The preview reads like my cup of tea. I think I'll enjoy it. My next free outing will be the church concert on 18th :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx