Thursday 9 December 2021

Getting Into The Christmas Spirit!

Today was haircut day so that I can be spruced up in time for Christmas.  DD came for lunch and just before I went out she took this Snapchat photo of me. It makes me look 10 years younger.  What a filter can do, eh? 😅😂  (Hair, clothes and teeth all my own!!)



On my way back to the car I popped into Morrisons for next week's TV guide and succumbed to a scratchcard.  Yay! It's definitely a lucky day today.  £25 to help me to the end of the month!  We can buy a drink at next Tuesday's bingo and I'll buy something for the food bank too. Yay again!


Sue Hall pointed me in the direction of Kath Kelly's book How I Lived on £1 A Day.  I read a bit on Amazon and it's right up my street so I decided to go for it and got the kindle download for £2.08.  It will definitely be food for thought in the new year when we begin our new 'Frugal Year on a Tight Budget'  (I just thought up the title ....might be good... 😊😍 )

Anyway, I cooked salmon en croute for lunch for the three of us so it will be an easy tea, just crusty cobs with ham or cheese and some cherry tomatoes , followed by trifle.  A glass of Bailey's Irish cream could also be in the equation somewhere.  Well the title of this blog post is:

Getting Into the Christmas Spirit !!

How was your day?

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x

8 comments:

  1. Gambling PP? well what ever next I ask myself ;-)
    Sounds like you have had a lovely productive day m’dear and the rabbit ears do suit you. Not a lot happening here at chateau clavicle, although I’m cooking chicken in a bag for tea tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky George to have you to cook for her John!Glad you like my bunny ears 🤣

      Delete
  2. You won some cash which is always a great thing at this time of year.

    Love the title of "Frugal Year on a Tight Budget."

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing really well winning all this cash, someone is watching over you. :-)

    I'm glad you splurged a bit on the Kindle version of the book, it is a nice easy read and you should be able to pick up lots of ideas to keep the fun in your Frugal Year on a Tight Budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do feel very lucky at the moment, Sue, someone is helping me financially just when I need it most.
      I began reading the book yesterday and am enjoying it very much so thanks again for the tip! I can never rival you in the challenge stakes but I feel some kind of challenge coming on for the new year :)

      Delete
  4. That's a cute photo. Sounds like an interesting book. So glad that you won some Christmas money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephenie, the money has certainly helped :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx