Monday 13 December 2021

Getting Free Stuff

In my last post I told you about the vouchers for free foodie gifts from Sainsbury's.  I had a restless night on Saturday/Sunday night as my neck and shoulders were quite painful so couldn't sleep well.  I awoke at just before 2am and was still awake at 5am.  I must have dropped off just after that because when I woke up again G had gone to work.  I decided to take the short drive to the supermarket just after opening at 10am to see if they had re-stocked.  They had!  I was lucky to get the crisps and cheesecake on offer;  normal cost £2.50 and £3.00 respectively, so £5.50 worth for FREE.......



Not only did I get them free but I scanned bonus points coupons as an experiment when I went to the Smartscan checkout point ( fully expecting them to be rejected) and they were accepted giving me an additional 650 points worth £3.25  I only had to pay for milk, eggs and pizza @ £2.79 so, when you think about it, I was paid to shop.... 👍


G loves Christmas pudding and I'm not so keen as it's far too sweet so I buy him tiny, one portion puddings at £1 each.  In my food delivery this week they had run out of small puddings but sent me a big version valued at £3 and refunded the £2 difference as a voucher off next week.  I don't mind that at all.  It will feed the family when they visit 😀



Have you managed to pick up any bargains lately?

Stay safe everyone, wherever in the world you happen to be and I'm sending special thoughts to the parts of the US which have suffered the terrible consequences of the recent tornado xx

13 comments:

  1. Good for you on getting the free items. They really did pay you to shop!

    The only bargain I got was our turkey, but I am happy to have gotten one considering we have a shortage.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With local bird flu now, turkeys could be in short supply here too. Thank goodness you have yours x

      Delete
  2. My hubby also can't get enough Christmas pudding. I have made two myself this year so not sure if they will be as sweet as the shop ones or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Paid to shop', you should be in sales m'dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT'S the way to shop, well done. It's funny I'm not usually a fan of Christmas puddings but for some reason I have been fancying one this year. I might buy a couple of the little diddy ones myself, especially after watching a programme the other day that advised you to buy a high alcohol content one when they are reduced after Christmas and save it for next year., Seemingly they mature beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I might look out for more after Christmas then. I didn't see the prog, Sue, so thank you for the tip 😀

      Delete
  5. I'll let you know - I bought a couple of puddings made with brandy last year, so will be enjoying them this Christmas . . . 'hic' . . . And I've bought a couple more this year, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do, Rambler, and did you get your Sainsburys vouchers yet? xx

      Delete
    2. No, I didn't as they are only available to people who go into the shop. I rely on deliveries once a week as I can't drive my car until my sight is restored. Hopefully after the surgery in January . . .

      Delete
    3. Oh no! We get weekly deliveries too as we are both 72 and struggle to carry shopping home. I had to physically visit the store to get the free items but was able to go at a quiet period. So sorry you missed out Rambler. Fingers crossed that you get your op after Christmas and that you are soon back on the road. G has had cataract removal in both eyes and is so much better. Take care. Sending you ((hugs))

      Delete
  6. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    Premier League
    Thai Boxing

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx