Friday 3 April 2020

Morrisons Food box

In the absence of available supermarket delivery slots, I was researching veg box deliveries in the local area yesterday with no joy whatsoever.  They are all declaring that they can accept no more customers because of the huge surge in orders.  I did, by chance, come across Morrisons food boxes.  Morrisons supermarket will not deliver in my area but these boxes are being delivered by DPD so I gave it a try.  YES!  they allowed me to purchase one and it arrived in less than 24 hours!  There was a knock on my door and this box was on the step by 10am this morning.....


It was so exciting to find toilet rolls at the top! I quickly unpacked the box, laid the stuff out on the worktop then put the box in the recycling outside and washed my hands ;) ......


This is what I got for £35 including delivery:
Toilet rolls
Kitchen roll
Bread
Penne pasta
Bag of potatoes
Bag of carrots
Bag of onions
White cabbage
2 tins of soup
2 portions of microwave rice
and  A TIN OF HEINZ BEANS :) .....
EDIT and a cucumber


A block of cheese (my favourite brand)
Butter
Pasta sauce
Cravendale milk
Packet of ham......


In a separate package, wrapped in fleece and containing 4 disposable packs of ice to keep things cool was.....



A pack of steak mince
Chicken portions
Bacon
Sausages (Gluten free but I won't mention the Gluten free bit to G then he will eat them!)….



I am really pleased with the contents.  I'm thinking: cheese and potato pie; chicken curry with rice; pasta with the sauce; coleslaw made with the carrot, onion and cabbage; shepherd's pie; breakfast with bacon & sausage etc  With careful planning this box could feed 2 people for a week or a family of 4 for several days. As I don't eat meat (except a tiny bit of chicken) this should give G his meat fix for over a week. I will need to keep an eye on dates and so I froze the sausages loosely in a plastic box for later.  Well done to whoever planned the contents and a big THANK YOU to absolutely everyone involved in the packing and delivery.  You are amazing :)

Gratitudes

For ALL the supermarkets who are striving to keep the nation fed right now including donating to the struggling food banks

For everyone coming outside yet again to clap all the selfless people who are caring for all of us in one way or another.  I heard fireworks at 8pm although where they got them from is a total mystery...

For still being able to visit the allotment at the moment.  Potatoes, carrots, radishes & lettuce are in.  Yesterday, our exercise session was an hour tidying the plot in the sunshine.  Bliss.

Stay safe everyone, wherever in the world you happen to be x

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing the contents of the Morrisons box. I'm currently in a queue on their website (been there 15 mins, expected wait time further 15 mins) I am grateful for stores rearranging their business models to cope with all this

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good selection. I had not heard of this so will keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, basic necessities there, a great selection and as you say, should keep 2 people going for a week at least. No eggs though, I'd class them as a necessity. Oh, and tea or coffee! But I'd still be pleased to receive one of these boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful idea to go for the Morrisons box and by the looks of things a great choice. Glad you have been able to get to the allotment. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good selection. I could use all of that except the meat. An idea for the future I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do actually do a vegetarian version too but I wanted some meat for G.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for that didnt know of such things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's fantastic! I'm so happy for you. It makes all the difference to have a well stocked fridge and pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like others, I had never heard of this scheme. What a great selection you've received. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did wonderfully well with the box. A really good selection.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for showing this. I've ordered one and it's being delivered tomorrow. A good selection of stuff. My middle son who lives near Leeds has also ordered one for them - being near a large city they're struggling a bit with stocks in supermarkets so this will supplement them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was interesting to see the contents of your delivery and I smiled as the name is also my husband's last name :-) Many of our friends are opting for delivery service as well. They have reported long wait times and not being able to every item requested. We have been making grocery trips, but only when needed and will not go out otherwise except for walks. I too am grateful for the folks who keep the stores supplied and those who deliver goods to others and so many others as well. Keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That seems like a really good value food box.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic on packaging materials near me

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx