Thursday 9 April 2020

Food Boxes & Boredom

DD texted me this morning to say that both Morrisons and Marks & Spencer food boxes are back.  I just wanted to give you all a 'heads up' in case one of these would help you during the crisis.

I have decided on an M & S one this time simply because I don't really need fresh meat but it seems that there is a tin of ham in there for G as well as a tin of salmon.  It's not cheap at £38.99 including delivery but I was able to ask for one to be delivered a week tomorrow, Friday 17th, to top up the store cupboard.  There are fruit boxes, veg boxes, ready meals etc   They are certainly worth a look.   If I am unable to get a supermarket delivery by the end of the month I will try to order fruit & veg from them too.  My stocks of tinned and frozen fruit are dropping alarmingly.....

Changing the subject completely, boredom is now setting in with a vengeance : ?
I feel restless and can't settle to anything much and it doesn't help that G is constantly calling me from other parts of the house:

Do you want a cuppa?...no thank you
Do you want a biscuit/cake?...no thank you
Are you sure? YES!
Where are my gardening trousers?....in the wardrobe
I can't find them...they are THERE!
Do you want to go for a walk?....No thanks, I hate walking the streets aimlessly
You really should....NO thank you
What time are we having our tea (dinner/supper) ?....are you hungry now?
No but I just wondered.... GRRR!

I think divorce will figure largely in many households once this is all over!

How is your boredom threshold? Are you occupying yourself easily?


Gratitudes

For Boris Johnson being on the mend

For our continued good health

For food supplies

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x

12 comments:

  1. Oh Angie, I feel your pain. I too can't settle to anything just lately and I have himself off work. Thankfully he is pottering about a bit and the car has just had the best valet it will ever have. We are ordering fruit and veg boxes from a local wholesale place. The are lovely and fresh and really good value. Best of all they deliver the next day. The owner is a lovely bloke and they were struggling a bit before all this started. I really hope things have picked up for them and they can get back on their feet. I will be ordering my fruit and veg from them even after all this is finished

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coping well with being confined to home, but I am used to living alone and keeping the boredom and loneliness at bay.

    I suppose I am lucky in that I can't get irritated by anyone else's behaviour and can just please myself.

    I'm trying to stick to a routine of sorts to give some structure to the days and there is plenty of free entertainment available other than watching TV ... I've 'been' to the theatre every night this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are doing well being at home and so far have not succumbed to the boredom that many others mention. Thanks goodness for the Internet, e-books, friends to keep in contact with by letters, text, emails and calls. Our grocery shopping is still done in person but not as often now as we keep lists to remind us what we really need to pick-up. I appreciated the exchange between you and DD and it may be similar in many other households now as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although on not an early tower, once up I'm keeping myself busy, crafting, sewing for the NHS, gardening and sewing seeds etc. We havent touched the garden since moving so now we are in the planning stages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have gotten a little cranky, but I feel better after taking a walk and doing yoga. I have a lot to be grateful for, especially my food supply. Glad that the food boxes are working out so well for you. I am picking mine up from the farmers tomorrow. I always look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are doing OK, food hasn't become an issue yet but it is costing more than usual. Boredom is kept at bay with lots of hobbies that we have although, I must admit I do yearn to get out and about once again. A walk by the sea would be nice. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PackagingNinjas is the best packaging brand and it is apparent from its operation because it is now has gained a huge experience and making very good quality packaging boxes which are easily affordable. Not only these French fries boxes are good for fries packaging but they are very fantastic from the perspective of protecting the fries and the environment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candle boxes are used for packaging, storing and displaying candles. Since years, candles have been used as common gift items. Brands can enhance the look of their custom candles packaging boxes to maximize their sales. Every aspect of the candle gift boxes is customizable. You can choose a shape, colour and size of your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The corrugated paper is used to make custom corrugated boxes. These boxes contain layers and air spaces. People use it in the daily routine for the packaging of the bulk of the material. The Air spaces in it make it flexible. It is a product of everyday use. Therefore, Packaging Ninjas provides you the best quality of custom corrugated boxes at low prices. We offer you different deals for ideal boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Custom Boxes Plus is a reliable site that providesBath Bomb Boxes Trays custom bath bomb packaging to its consumers in an affordable range without demanding any shipping fee.eco friendly bath bomb packaging Visit our site and place your order to get a bundle box for your bath bomb packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moisturized and rejuvenated skin is everyone's dream. Creams are widely used All Around the World for this purpose. Organic creams are also trending due to their zero side effects. Custom cream boxes wholesale serve for the purpose of packaging for cream boxes. These custom boxes can be customized in size, style, color, and designs to beautifully and perfectly fit the cream. Custom cream boxes attract the onlooker and increase the profit margins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx