Friday 28 February 2020

Not So Lucky Today...

The weather today is back to the same old, same old:  RAIN.    After a lovely sunny (but bitterly cold)  day yesterday when I drove us into town to run our errands and do a bit of food shopping, G announced that he would visit the allotment today so that I could seize the day and do some papercrafting.  I was really looking forward to it but the day dawned wet and wild again.  G put on his coat and shoes, opened the front door, stepped out... and stepped back in again, announcing that it was far too wet to venture out!  He has been under my feet all day.  I made 2 toppers then packed my stuff away again.  I just can't relax and enjoy it when I keep getting interrupted :(
Perhaps I can manage a bit more tomorrow when G is at work, although the family might be descending on me around 3pm which will stop my gallop.

I have, however, managed to catch up with the washing but resorted to the tumble dryer to get it out of the way quickly.  I can't wait for the better weather when I can buy a whirly washing line and dry things outside in the fresh air.

I've had a bit of a struggle to get my car insurance price down this year.  G is normally added as an extra driver despite having his own vehicle but I decided to take him off this year due to him having an accident last year when a van drove into him ( totally NOT his fault but it has to be declared) as well as the fact that his neck problem is not getting any better. It would be too much hassle. He never drives mine anyway so I tried the comparison websites and found that the price varies so much right up to £305.28  Last year I paid £163 and the best new price has come in at £225.56 and that's after deducting the cost of protected no claims discount which I had on the last policy.  Bu**er….  but it can't be helped....

Why does it cost more to be insured as a sole driver?

Anyway, it's been so miserable today that we will be having chip shop fish and chips for tea as a treat. Now THAT will cheer me up!  Bu**er the cholesterol ;)

Stay safe everyone wherever you happen to be x

5 comments:

  1. I hope you get some quiet crafting time soon! Car insurance is so annoying isn’t it! I’m an extra driver on all my family’s cars. It’s handy that I can always borrow one of their cars, if I need the extra space ( I only have a very small car) but also I bring their premium down too. Hope you enjoyed your fish and chips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Andy retired I get no piece for my crafting either. I long for the days when I used to be able to get all my jobs done in the morning, see him off to work and then have several peaceful hours to do as I wanted.
    Now he's forever asking me if I want to go out....no, do I want to watch a film....no, shall we have a cup of tea....no just b*gg*r off and let me have a bit of piece....lol.

    We're trying to find a new chippy. The one we usually use has been taken over and the last meal we had from there was disgusting.
    I hope yours were lovely.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, Sheila, men can be so annoying when they are under your feet! He used to have a walk (a long walk!) to the pub occasionally but he's not even allowed alcohol at the moment because of the painkillers so he takes short walks instead and drives me mad in between...lol...
      Our new chippy is run by an Italian family and the food is really nice. Long may they run it! xx

      Delete
  3. That's too bad that your car insurance went up; here in California it has to do with the make and model of your car.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx