Sunday 9 February 2020

Weathering Storm Ciara

Last night was horrendous with extremely strong winds and lashings of icy rain thanks to Storm Ciara.  I had folded down the patio chairs and laid them flat on the grass and upended the table too in readiness for the storm.  I moved pots to the shelter of the fence, along with the bin and recycling bags but the wind still got to the heaviest pot and turned it over.  I don't think it's broken but it's much too nasty to stay outside to check.  A quick look at the roof tiles (all intact so far) and I was back in the warmth of the house.  I'm praying that the electricity doesn't go off because we have no back up heating. If the power fails the central heating will go off and I won't be able to cook either so I think I had better go and fill a flask with hot water so that I will be able to, at least, have a hot drink.

G has had to go into work and he texted to say that there is chaos all along the route with flooding and police cars attending incidents.
 
Have you been badly affected by the storm?

Do stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x

12 comments:

  1. I hope your electricity holds out. Filling a flask is a good idea, just in case. We've had rain coming through the chimney breast wall overnight, which also happened seven years ago when the weather was this bad. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we've seen the worst of it now.
    Stay safe and warm. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh poor you, Jules, and now storm Dennis to come x

      Delete
  2. Hampshire is wet and windy, we are loosing fence panels, but they were already broken. If we lose power we would be the same as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we have had it nearly so bad as some have here in our part of Staffordshire. I've only seen one fence down on our little estate. Lots of flooded fields on the way home yesterday.
    The wind is getting up again this morning but there is some sun and blue skies.
    I do hope you didn't get a power cut.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't thank goodness Sheila, but now storm Dennis is on it's way :/ Stay warm xx

      Delete
  4. I have a couple of those butane gas hobs from my camping days, so along with my trusty old camping kettle and my normal pans I can alwyas rustle up a hot meal and drinks. If the heating failed, I would make use of the many throws and duvets and cocoon myself into warmth that way. Oh and my lovely cosy sleeping bag!!! I thought Ciara had blown over but she seems to be back again, throwing hailstones noisily at my little bungalow. Stay safe, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound very well prepared, Rambler, I did get out my fleecy blankets just in case! We were ok thank goodness but now storm Dennis is on it's way :/ xx

      Delete
  5. I do hope you weathered the storm.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good Jackie, thank you. You stay safe too xx

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx