Saturday 8 February 2020

A New Allotment!

Firstly, a warm welcome to Liana...Hi!

Thank you to everyone for all your positive comments and warm wishes left on my last two posts.  We are starting to feel more at home now after almost 9 weeks in our new home.  Now I want to inject a bit of colour in each room, perhaps new bright cushions on the sofa?  I want to keep my bedroom fairly neutral with some pastel colours of pale pink and green because I feel more relaxed if bright colour doesn't smack me in the eye as soon as I open the door!  The garden needs work, of course, but we can do that gradually.

G has a new allotment....yay! a half plot, which is much closer than our last one.  I was quite sad to leave the old one behind, especially as there were still sprouts, leeks and spinach ready to be picked but we told the young family man in the next but one plot to just help himself to whatever he wanted until new people take it over.  The new plot is very overgrown but G has already made a start on clearing and tidying up.  The big bonus is that we have a couple of apple trees :)  I'll post photos as soon as I can.....

This morning we have some beautiful sunshine when the sun manages to peep out from behind the clouds, but very strong winds are forecast for this evening so I will need to make sure that everything in the garden is battened down well before it gets dark :/

Anyway, must dash.  I have shopping to do this morning before the family descend this afternoon!

Thanks for popping in and stay safe, wherever in the world you happen to be x

3 comments:

  1. Thrilled to hear you have managed to get another allotment. Sta safe in all the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple trees on an allotment certainly is a bonus. It's a good time to get a new plot - with time to get it cleared before spring

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the neutrals, too. They are calming and go well together.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx