Sunday 7 May 2023

Colour and Tradition


 Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II with baby Charles

I don't know about you, but I thoroughly enjoyed the TV coverage of the Coronation of King Charles III on Saturday.  I put on the TV at 7.30am to watch the arrival of famous faces and hear the commentary.  I had to pop out on an errand but made sure I was back before 11am for the ceremony.  It was British tradition at it's best for me; all the colour, the music, the pomp, the troops, the golden coach..... 

I found it very emotional and sat toasting the King and Queen with my mini bottle of Prosecco and some nibbles.  It was truly history in the making and I'm so glad that the protesters were not allowed to spoil it.  There's a time and place for such protests and that wasn't one of them.

What did you do?

Tomorrow there will be a post about my experience of Election Day , so you can either earmark it to be read or skipped as you prefer! 😂😁

Have a lovely day everyone, the sun is coming out here at last.

Stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x

9 comments:

  1. Don't want to second guess your election day post but I preferred the coronation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting in the comfort of yor own home with a bottle of Prosecco by your side must have been better than sitting all day at the polling station - or maybe you took a bottle of P. there with you and toasted all the candidates!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly the best option! Maybe I should have sneaked some in, in my water bottle 😂

      Delete
  3. I got up at 6 am due to being on the East Coast of the US. May I ask one question, why do they shield King Charles? I was watching the BBC and think I missed the reason. Loved when Prince William kissed his dad and Charles seemed happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, the actual anointing of the King with Holy Oil is not allowed to be seen by onlookers aa it's such a private thing, and so the screens are brought in. It really was touching when William kissed King Charles's cheek and he whispered "thank you William" wasn't it. I'm so pleased that you managed to watch, Cheryl.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I enjoyed the whole ceremony very much.

      Delete
  4. It was a wonderful day wasn't it, we thoroughly enjoyed sharing the day with my Mum and seeing her so happy to have us all there and her little bungalow decorated for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stayed up all night to watch it and went to sleep at 6:30 a.m., the next day! It was all very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx