Monday 22 May 2023

How Much Food Can £3.39 Buy Me?

For the first time in absolutely ages, I was able to book a Too Good To Go bag for collection yesterday.   Morrisons is the closest store but, despite bagging a bag so to speak, they cancel most of the time which can be very frustrating.  When I saw that the Morrisons Local store, which has only recently opened near the village, was offering a bag I snapped it up.  This is what I got.....


In date order there was:

21st May

* 2 sweetcorn cobs

*A pot of tuna and sweetcorn sandwich filling

*Raspberries (marked at £1)

22nd May

*A pot of pineapple

*Bagged salad

* Thick sliced bread

23rd May

* Cadburys choc trifles

28th May

400g sliced cooked ham

10th June 👍

* Creme fraiche

plus 4 large oranges, undated, marked at £1

I totted it up from the website to a total of £15.35 at normal prices so, all in all, a bargain for £3.39

The ham was 'reformed' ham, which I wouldn't normally buy, and 400g was far too much for G to get through, so I gave it to a neighbour for her dog.  We ate the raspberries with a scoop of ice cream for tea, the pineapple pieces went on our breakfast cereal this morning and the bread is in the freezer.  Nothing will be wasted.

The staff were very friendly and helpful so I will definitely grab a bag from there again 👍

The weather at the weekend was lovely.  Saturday saw me at our daughter's house for a catch up and a barbecue tea.  G was at work over the whole weekend until 6pm so I could relax and enjoy the Grandchildren's news regarding exams and such.  On Sunday I did a bit of eBay listing, washing and chilling 😎  It's beautifully sunny again today so G has gone to the allotment to put some more veg plants in and I'll join him later once I've pegged out some more washing in the sunshine....

I hope your weekend was good too. Have a lovely day everyone. Thanks for popping in and stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x

7 comments:

  1. You picked up some good things in your 'too good to go' bag. Have a lovely sunny week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beverley. We've just eaten the chocolate trifles and they were delicious. I would never have paid £1.75 for them though 🤔 Have a great week yourself x

      Delete
  2. That was a really good bargain bag. There's nothing like that available here, but I see lots of very disappointed people posting on Facebook about their dire bags of food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very lucky, I think, to get so much with longer best before dates on. The store staff were a young couple, very friendly, and my bag was picked while I waited.

      Delete
  3. You got some great bargains! And that was very kind of you to share the ham with your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx